Carby Carb Needle HELP!

well, today I still had the weird amount of choke problem. So I had some time on my hands and I move the clip to the lowest setting-(reffered to as UNBELIEVABLY RICH)!!! However I started it with half and once warmed up I moved it down to about 1/8 of CHOKE!!!!(Being Less choke than before)

This may have fixed the problem. Could it also be that Im running 20 to 1 gas mix? Maybe it causes it to need more gas to actually ignite.

Well Ive fixed 'er for now anyways. Gonna go take some pictures- thanks guys

shoot, if i hear of one running best at that setting, i guess i'll have to edit the post :LOL:

augidog said:
shoot, if i hear of one running best at that setting, i guess i'll have to edit the post :LOL:

I been thinking of making mine richer so I will give it a shot too! :devilish: I have mine at richer but not richest and its running better... However I bog bad on hills but the hills are insane :eek:

BTW I will get to posting pictures of mine shortly.

I just bumped it to richest of rich! Good lordy... I got power out the wazoo now :eek: choke fully open and runs like a beast. I guess that was my problem it motors up hills without issue. Will let know how well it runs after doing a bit more testing but it seems very promising.

Before you guys do anything, make sure you have a fresh tank of 40/1. If you have a half a tank of 20/1 and pour in a half tank of 40/1 you still are running a very rich oil/gas ratio.

You HAVE to be running 40/1 before you can make any carb setting adjustments. Running 40/1 makes the gas to air ratio richer.

Now slicer, if you are @ 6000ft, and it runs good with the clip at the bottom, I'm thinking you have an air leak. You should have to run a pretty lean setting up there.

Bikeguy Joe said:
Before you guys do anything, make sure you have a fresh tank of 40/1. If you have a half a tank of 20/1 and pour in a half tank of 40/1 you still are running a very rich oil/gas ratio.

You HAVE to be running 40/1 before you can make any carb setting adjustments. Running 40/1 makes the gas to air ratio richer.

Now slicer, if you are @ 6000ft, and it runs good with the clip at the bottom, I'm thinking you have an air leak. You should have to run a pretty lean setting up there.

Alrighty I will check for a air leak. I did think that I should be running leaner and yes I am running 40:1 I have burned through 2 gallons of 20:1. I bolted everything down snug maybe I need to take a file to the intake?

EDIT: runs terrible on lean... Where could I be leaking?

is the carby seated all the way onto the intake? not much room for error there.

if the intake flange is even a bit off-flat it's gonna leak...same with the exhaust.

also, the jug-base gasket is critical, and when mine went out i didn't even see it until one whole section was gone. that one robbed me of a ton of performance.

Back