Carb Vacuum ports, I swear I looked around

Sounds like you've got the CNS carb (by vacuum ports, you mean hoses hanging off)? They don't connect to anything, and those carbs can be a b!tch to tune. The NT carb is more reliable and easier to tune.

Well the carb has two ports on it, metal male ports, they look like vacuum ports. But I am used to my Holley 4bbl and it has vacuum ports out the wazoo so I just assumed it had vacuum ports. Although on reflection I can't imagine much pull. Should I plug them or let them stay open?

Well, they're not gonna leak if that's what you're asking. They should have hoses connected to them.

Those are crutches and trickery to get by immissions regs. Practice your best overhand fastball with it and get a decent carb.

People need to realize that there is absolutely no way to maintain a secondhand bike without spending money. I'm sorry dude, but give up the bike now if you don't want to spend money to replace things. I've got no other advice to give you until you get past that.

People need to realize that there is absolutely no way to maintain a secondhand bike without spending money. I'm sorry dude, but give up the bike now if you don't want to spend money to replace things. I've got no other advice to give you until you get past that.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see where he said anything about not wanting to spend money. In this thread he's just asking for technical details on the carb, and on the other thread he has he's questioning your logic about throwing away what is probably a perfectly good engine.

You've got to lighten up.

Back