Carburetor

Would the engine still start if the magneto was broken ?

NO as if the mag was broke you would not have fire for it to start.

With a air leak it will start but will not run properly. Do you have the o-ring between the intake and the carburetor?

Any ideas on why the engine stalls as soon as I push in the clutch clock?

It will not idle it will not stay running will not take gas as I said before check for a air leak. I asked once do you have the o-ring between the carb and the intake?

Yes i have the o-ring between the carb and the intake.i was thinking about buying a new intake that actually has a o-ring on the intake but decided not to.i did notice that the carb was a little loose.i tightened it down but I still have the same problems.

Yesterday I started the engine and as it was stalling I heard a real loud "pop" noise.ive been told it could be a misfire.thats why I bought a new ngk spark plug.

When you put the carb on did you make sure it was pushed on the intake as far as it will go hold it there tightening it?

Are you sure the o-ring is not messed up?

Yes I pushed it on as far as I could but I didn't hold it and tighten at the same time.i really appreciate you chatting with me by the way!!

I've heard the woodruff key could be a problem on these 2 strokes.can you tell me where the woodruff key is on the flying horse setups?

Back