carby 2stroke

Local time
6:08 PM
I have CNC Billet High Velocity intake manifold that connects to my carburetor. However whenever I hope put it on it will only work with my carb have choked.?????? I have the carby at the center pin. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or do I have a defective part? It looks fine it's it's fine everything lines up? Please anybody anything would be helpful please please please help me. Thank you in advanceW.C.B.

I've seen some of those intakes that were a bit too short for a standard carb which allows an air leak at the slots for the mounting tabs of the carb - once,I saw one designed for a special carb that was about 2mm less in its outside diameter for the standard carb to get a tight fit.

I'd first put a standard intake on it to be sure that is the problem - then, I'd see if it were fixable.

I have tried 4 different carbys and same results with 4 different styles of air filters and same results. But the same intake billet itsgotta have an air leak. There are no gaskets? WHAT TO DO? its been a paper weight in my shop in a ziplock.

make the gaskets out of cardboard... cruddy old cereal box makes far better gaskets than s**tty blue gasket maker :)

as mentioned, make sure the carb goes completely onto the manifold stub, if in doubt, scribe a line, measure the depth of carb throat, measure from end of manifold to the line scribed, make sure theyre the same...

I found some O-Rings when I returned that cruddy blue gasket crap. I had am air tight seal I tested it (SPRAY TEST) NO LEAKS. And it still only runs on 1/2 choked!!! So I'm returning it via U.S. Mail they said they will investigate the piece and situation and either credit or new billet.

Back