Fuel Mixture Carrying More Pre-Mix Fuel

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by lowracer, Mar 31, 2012.

1. lowracer

lowracer Member

Recently as the weather got nicer, I started using my MB's more & more for work instead of taking the car. With the added miles, I needed to start bringing more pre-mix fuel along with me. I picked up a few Two Fish Unlimited strap on bottle cages for my 3 MB's & some MSR fuel bottles. I use 18" velcro straps to secure the bottles to the cages to prevent fuel bomb launchings...lol...Each 20 oz MSR bottle gets me ~22 miles (estimating 140 mpg's). The engine tank holds 30 oz without topping it out. This 90 oz will get me around any of my work routes (max around 100 miles).
    I was thinking of just one large fuel tank, but I dont like the 'motorcycle' look & this way, I can plan for each trip by bringing the extra bottles or not. So far so good, as I've done now roughly 312 miles on the MB's for work.
    (see pic)

Attached Files:

2. timtooth

timtooth Member

I like it
  3. lowracer

lowracer Member

Thanks Tim...
    Bike it!
  4. lowracer

lowracer Member

Now this 3rd MB I built doesn't need to haul its own pre-mix (4 stroke), but can easily carry a 2 gallon gas can...
    I built some aluminum framework to bolt the top of the basket to 2 handlebar clamps (1"), & a small aluminum bottom support that bolts thru the bottom hole in the fork (where you'd mount road calipers). Its very solid & may be the starting point for an aero fairing bubble...

Attached Files:

5. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

shame they put a hole into the BB on most frames or you could use the frame as a tank! steel frames easy to fix, ali not so... then get a diaphgram/pumper carb, bob is your uncle! how much could a fat tube frame actually hold? :thinking: