Cash for appliances

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by machiasmort, Aug 25, 2009.

?

Will O'bama's packages work to keep our Country afloat?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

New on the stimulis agenda is Cash for appliances...

It's no secret that times are tough. Everybody still has fresh in their mind the Cash for clunkers program, right??? Well, do you remember the "Clunker Bomb"? I bet somebody has been making millions.

Here is where the entrepreneur in me shines through!

Being the suffering small business men that they are, Kerf and AG have certainly been flipping their underware inside out to get that extra day out of them, saving costly laundry expense...

If we could figure a way to pry the small business owners accross America out of their skivvies, you guessed it! We've created the "Washer Bomb"!

Point of this thread? Will these programs work?

2. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

A co-worker of mine had terrible pains in his lower abdomen yesterday, and all this talk about kidney stones got me thinking that he might be passing a kidney stone. He said that it was a sharp pain, and it hurt whether standing or sitting down. He also had urges to urinate, but couldn't. I offered him a ride to the emergency room, or his doctor but he said he would be alright and he would go after work. I wonder what it could have been?

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

cash for appliances ??
    well I voted no this can't help
    but actually in the short run -- yes it would help a little
    but in the long run don't think that it would matter much

we have a washer and dryer -- Sears models -- 5 years old maybe ??
    would think these would be around the right age so as to trade in as clunkers
    but they have another 3 to 6 years good use left in them

up here on the mountain top the buy back clunkers idea seems kind of silly

MM

4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Well, it turns out that he felt better when he got home. So I guess we will never know what the cause of the intense pain was. (I think he had a stone and passed it)

5. Tom

Tom Active Member

This would be great! I just picked up a piece of sh1t washer and dryer for $40 total! I would love it if your tax dollars rewarded me for being a cheapskate!

I vote 'yes' on the "Cash for Appliances".

Maybe we can do a "Cash for Firewood" program? How about a "Cash for Turds"? "Cash for Tube-TVs" (I could use a new plasma or two, of course complimentary of your tax dollars).

6. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

good 1 tom!

cash for turds lmao

7. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

This has nothing to do with the thread.
    i was thinking how cool it would be if you could make a boat motor kit that would except a push mower engine.

8. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

So I'm guessing you don't pay taxes like Sparky?

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

From the "cash for clunkers thread":

10. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I bet it was a stone AG. Most obvious signs are having to go and not being able too. At least from what I've been told in the past.

It makes me wonder if our Govn't isn't up to something more dubious here? The value of recycled metals has been up against the dollar and if you notice the newer stuff just ain't made as well as the old stuff! (thinner and thinner metal)

I don't know if you guy's can grasp what I'm saying here? The value of our dollar is going down, the value of metals hasn't really went up, YET!

In other words, the World market has determined that the value of our nickle (5c piece) is worth .0476 cents on basis of it's content of nickle steel and our penny worth 1.87 cents!

Maybe we plan on our dollar collapse and figure we'll pay our debt to China w/scrap washing machines?

Tom, exactly what I'm saying. You lived responcibly within your means. Where's your Govn't check?
    Thanks for having a sense of humor AG!

11. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

WE WOULD RATHER DO BUSINESS WITH
    1,000 AL QAEDA TERRORISTS
    THAN ONE AMERICAN SOLDIER!

Caught your eye didn't it. Sure stirred me up.
    As a matter of fact I was wee weed.

This was in the window of a business in Whiting,Indiana

As ticked off as I was I figured Free Speach is the back bone of America
    It gives you the right to tell someone to get lost and they can't complain.

But who would dare to put a sign in thier window like that?
    It's rude, not right, not to mention very unAmerican.

Well then I saw the answer below.

OWENS FUNERAL HOME

God I love America!

Steve.

12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Good one Steve.

As far as a possible "cash for appliances" program goes, is this for real - or is it in the planning phase?

If word of this gets around, appliance sales may tumble because people will now wait for the gubmint cheese. Just like car sales will tank again as people hold off buying in the hopes of being stimulated by the messiah.

Dammit, I just put a new motor in my "clunker" clothes dryer.

I think that the government will mandate loctite in the motor bearings of washers and dryers (appliance bomb), and for refrigerators and AC units, the draining of refrigerant and running the compressors until they sieze. The used appliance market is pretty big in the cities in NJ.

13. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

LOL... Fking Obama administration. Is this for real?

If this is true, wouldn't we basically be taking loans from the chinese to buy their manufactured goods?

14. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Looks like they are thinking about it.

Although the 300 million (oh, that's all?) tab is far less than the 3 million million dollars that the cash for clunkers cost.

Think about it folks. Three million million dollars. A drop in the bucket in the 700 billion (That's seven hundred million million dollars) porkulus bill.

So while OhBahMah vacations at Marxist Vinyard, living the life of a trillionaire - we the people, the ones who struggle to pay bills and keep food on the table, and a roof over our heads - watch the messiah with bated breath because government is the answer to all that is wrong.

15. scokes

scokes Member

Never Guess what I got for a 20 year old gas stove....

A freaking MB. that runs. Beat that.