Castrol RS TT RS

Ahhh, an oil thread.
I've played with different oils and have come to learn these engines are different than modern motorcycles and weedwhackers.

Regular oil will work fine but carbons up and fouls plugs.
24:1 is really smokey and drips. 32:1 is as thin as you dare run it.

Synthetics (like Castrol RS TT) are mostly designed to run at 50:1 or higher.
The thin chrome and large ring gaps do not like this. They like some thick oil to help seal and protect.
These oils will work excellent, don't smoke much, and keep the engine clean inside but run them at 32:1

Castor Oil, like Maxima 927 is pricey but works wonderfully at 32:2 in these engines, even more power at 24:1 but messy.
It fouls the plug and has a different smell but it protects and seals and makes great power.

My experience,

Steve

i tried sunflower oil for about 150 miles when i first got mine mixed it 25:1 since then i switched to normal 2 stroke mineral oil @28:1 but with the sunflower oil i actually think it ran better , the main reason i stopped using it was the smell of chips everywhere i go. now i am switching to semi-synthetic and gonna try it 32:1 . try stuff experiment but most of all have fun!

Have you used lucas oil from crappy tire steve?any thoughts

No, I haven't tried Lucas. Maxima 927, Ipone "strawberry", Motul 800 are my favourites.
Over the years I've found not much difference between the different brands of the classes of oil, conventional, synthetic, castor base.

I should mention to not use "Marine" type oils.
They are designed for ample cooling and will not tolerate air cooled engine temperatures.

Sunflower and other vegetable oils will result in a damaged engine. I did try it once.
Vegetable oils are not the same as castor bean oil at all.

Steve

Last edited:
yummmy chips! I have one customer who uses castor oil and flavor or sent additives last time he came to my shop his exhaust smelt like root beer,and told me he has a few more flavors.wanted me to try a grape one but I said no thanks!

haha no im not joking , i also used to use vegetable oil in a 1.9l diesel engine , used to mix it 4:1 with diesel (no engine modifications) would cost a fraction of the cost to fill and just wouldnt stop going ! got 128mph out of it , sure it took a while to get there but if there was more road i coulda got more. oil is oil dont believe the hype!

Castrol 2t I used for the last 5 years .i find kids on cheap stuff Thay try 2t and find it gos faster .a test done in taxi from new York on 100 different oils said there's next to no difference in all standed oils . Just price lol.

idk for sure have not and would not try it!But I would think that your cylinder just became a deep fryer and well that just cant be good.

Back