CAUTION: tried to infect my PC!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arceeguy, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Clicked on a Google link to the other site when I was doing some research on pocket bike engines and my Symantec anti-virus went nuts. The site tried to drop three infected files on my PC.

I doubt this was done purposely, the server that hosts their site probably got hacked.

I wouldn't visit the site until they get it cleaned up.

2. Elmo

Elmo Member

Supposed to be cleared up.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

I don't think it's the site, it's a script in one of the ads. Anyway, I run No Script so NO worries.

Are you using IE or something? I'm getting no infestation.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Negatory good buddy - still infected.

First I get an error from Adobe Acrobat that the file is not supported or some BS.

Then Symantec kicks in and tells me that inWas.swf (an adobe shockwave flash file) is infected with bloodhound.exploit.193 and oneChunks.jar (java file) is infected with trojan.byteverify

Don't know how malicious these bugs are, just wanted to let you guys know.
  5. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Yeppers. My AV (Avast) also screams when going to that site. No damage cuz Avast does it job.
  6. I have malwarebytes antivirus and it protects my computer.

I use every day all day and have no virus messages or any problems, others have said they did but it was a ad, not a virus, and it was removed and taken care and the site is clean and safe to use.
  7. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

I get a big warning sign and I use Google Chrome. I hope they get it cleared up soon....just checked, still getting the warning page when I try to go there.
  8. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I am still getting a warning! It is still trying to redirect to centiyo.c0m. A google search shows this is an active malware site.

"Diagnostic page for

What is the current listing status for

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-01-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-01-23.

Malicious software includes 252 trojan(s), 62 scripting exploit(s), 37 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS39150 (VLTELECOM), AS49093 (BIGNESS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 81 site(s) including,,

Has this site hosted malware?

Yes, this site has hosted malicious software over the past 90 days. It infected 75 domain(s), including,,

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message."

Attached Files:

• bad.JPG
      File size:
      53.4 KB
  9. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Thanks for throwing the red flag AG. Any of you guy's use AVG anti-virus? What do you think of it?
  10. Harvey

Harvey New Member

Malwarebytes Anti-malware is a free program that will clean the malware from your computer. Microsoft now has free antivirus software called "Microsoft Security Essentials" that can be downloaded and installed for free to anyone running a legal copy of XP, Vista, or Windows 7. It's very good and does not slow down your computer like McAfee or Norton does.
  11. Harvey

Harvey New Member

I just went to that site to check it out. No problem.
  12. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

i think ur IE is infected, try using opera or firefox
  13. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

That's one thing I like about AVG, it does not slow down your computer. I just question it's protection level. Seems to catch a lot of stuff. No problems since I started using it!
  14. retromike3

retromike3 Member

was that the sight that had thread that sad don't click on these? before your anti-spyware made the warning.

Mike frye the bike guy
  15. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

i dont use the other site problamo.
  16. I have malwarebytes antivirus full time protection, 0 viruses and 0 popups.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  17. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

No more warnings, but if I try to view a thread, it's all screwey...on both IE7 and Google Chrome.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  18. Luka

Luka Member

I've tried the site at least a dozen times since this was posted.

I have never once has any sort of problem.

You guys should be running firefox and "NoScript". As well as AdBlock Plus.
  19. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Working perfectly fine. NoScript is key, I would NEVER surf the web without it.

Anyway that malware is now gone.
  20. TREEWK

TREEWK Member

I have avast home (free). it has worked fine. but now and then a program will pop on my screen and tell me danger!! many virus, trojons etc. it worried me at first. I think a lot of it is scare tactics. some are hard to get off screen. they are trying to sell their program. ron
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.