Cautioned in Adelaide South Australia

one day I was riding to work and I saw a cop car and turned off the engine and started to ride but he must of seen the engine running and after I crossed the road to go on the bike track (which is behind a car park separated by a short barrier) and I was riding on the bike track under pedal power only he pulled up beside me and got out and took all my details and took a picture of me and the bike and told me to ride to work under pedal power only. But then I called my local police station and they said that if its under 50cc that it is still classed as a bike and they said to call the traffic division and they said if its under 50cc that is fine so I dont know what to do I probly wouldnt have got pulled over if I went my normal way along the main roads where I have never seen a cop in the 6 months or more ive been going that way, ive rode to work once more because I had no other way and got lucky, but the only other way I can get to work is to catch a train and 2 buses which takes an hour and a half, compared to riding my bike it only takes 15-20 minutes its a joke, also I dont have my license yet only my learners till april next year then I can get my provisional license but untill then ill just have to risk getting caught I can not afford to be taking 1 1/2 hours to get to work and thats if I dont miss a train or bus if I miss a bus that adds about 30minutes because thats the times they come and its not so bad if I miss a train only about an extra 10minutes.

(also buy the way I live in QLD)

one day I was riding to work and I saw a cop car and turned off the engine and started to ride but he must of seen the engine running and after I crossed the road to go on the bike track (which is behind a car park separated by a short barrier) and I was riding on the bike track under pedal power only he pulled up beside me and got out and took all my details and took a picture of me and the bike and told me to ride to work under pedal power only. But then I called my local police station and they said that if its under 50cc that it is still classed as a bike and they said to call the traffic division and they said if its under 50cc that is fine so I dont know what to do I probly wouldnt have got pulled over if I went my normal way along the main roads where I have never seen a cop in the 6 months or more ive been going that way, ive rode to work once more because I had no other way and got lucky, but the only other way I can get to work is to catch a train and 2 buses which takes an hour and a half, compared to riding my bike it only takes 15-20 minutes its a joke, also I dont have my license yet only my learners till april next year then I can get my provisional license but untill then ill just have to risk getting caught I can not afford to be taking 1 1/2 hours to get to work and thats if I dont miss a train or bus if I miss a bus that adds about 30minutes because thats the times they come and its not so bad if I miss a train only about an extra 10minutes.

(also buy the way I live in QLD)
G'day jlebh1 I like your post and I'd like to use it on my website.

The RTA (NSW) is currently doing a project for the National Transport Commission (Australia). They held a meeting last Monday as the next step to review Australian road regs and nail the coffin shut on MBs.

time for an electric bike....when i get the money. Why are batteries so expensive :(.

I can understand why authorities are against MBs, they aren't quality tested, ADR approved, etc yet. They need another regulatory system to deal with it, but noone bothers, and so they outlaw it.

Although the police has got much better things to do than police MBs.

it's a sad thing

it's a sad thing

reading some of your all post here
man oh man sounds like
they are truly making it rough for a simple motorized bicycle rider

wish we could do something to help you guys

maybe the truth will come to light in time ??

motor ized bicycles are a good thing !!

MM

been pulled over a few times...sometimes without a helmet and nothing happened and i have no exhaust bolt snapped will be buying new barrel...and engraving "restricted 48cc 200w max" on the head but mainly i take backstreets and a motorised bike is my only method of transport it takes me at least an hour on the buses to get to school in the morning i have to leave at 7:55am then i get to school at 9:30 its only 5 km but by bike it takes me 25 minutes tops oh well what they dont know wont hurt i guess stay backstreets keep my nose clean...

Authorities don't like stuff they can't tax. Soon it will be world wide, the greedy politicans will want to have everyone license the bikes, reguire minumum lighting restrictions, liability insurance, noise restrictions, the list could go on ad infinum...Big Brother can't allow you to have that much fun without being regulated. Even though we get these outstanding gas milage stats, they don't care...it's all about the money and control.

im not gonna stop riding this THING as mountain man calls it too much of a good thing to stop doing they can suck a fattie...

Back