CDI wire replacement??

jeffro81

Local time
10:06 AM
Hi all,i was wondering if you's could tell me if i can replace the cdi black wire that go's to the spark plug with anything els,i have some 25 amp auto wire that has coper wires in it,it looks like ther is more coper wire than in the origanal one,just the black plastic is thiner so the cable just isent as thick would this work it will screw on to both the cdi box and the spark plug plug,just dont want to blow my cdi or anything:unsure:thanks guys

If the 25amp wire is spark plug wire yes.
To unscrew the spark plug wire rotate it counter clockwise.
Might be a good idea to replace the spark plug boot also.

I replaced mine after first test ride. It was a snap.
I picked up a cheap set of plug wires for a 4 cyl auto at the local parts store.
Cut an end off at length I needed, unscrewed the original wire, and just screwed in the new one. I had to shave the end some with a razor as the new wire is 2mm thicker. Easy and works great.
mk2_mod01_019.jpg

Last edited:
I just did this to my bike and it now works great. Better throttle response, better idle and I have a bit more power. Thanks for the idea. I already Emailed my buddy in Seattle who built a MB after riding mine last summer. Thanks again, Fast Festus

I used an MSD 8.5mm supercore wire and boot. Overkill? Yes. Functional? Absolutely.

fbe8779f-1.jpg

Sorry for the small picture, i had to crop from a bigger picture.

Back