Central Pa. Rally

Getting ready

Worked on the Harbor Freight bike tonight. Got the proper sender for the speedometer installed. A sender for KPH speedometer does not work well for MPH. hehe I also got the front adjustable pulley where I want it. Next is the chain and idler then I ride. :helmet:

Jim

Pa rally

What are the legal requirements in Pa?
Lights-horn-turn sig- brake lights- registration- insurance?

The 7th is almost upon us.

I'm making some modifications to my Sun Retro Classic Cruiser "Bluebird" before I bring her to the rally. I'm installing a heavier front rim (I had put the heavier rear rim on previously), rear rack, new (and much more effective) front brake shoes and my tail light / turn signals. I've alread changed out the original Silent Drive for a Q-Matic drive. I'm looking forward to having both my Whizzer ("Thumper") and the Bluebird at the rally.

I think we will be fine. We were last year.

Pa does not even have classification for us. It is a gray area. That being said the rally is in Amish country and the police are quite used to seeing different things go up and down the road. Like kids on roller blades being towed behind a horse and buggy just to name one. I will be very surprised if the local police or even the state police bother us unless it is just out of curiosity. My personal encounters with the local police have been just fine. Just the usual questions like "did you build that?" or "that's cool" and "what kind of gas mileage do you get?" etc etc etc. Chris was even asked if it was an antique Harley while he was riding his 41 Columbia with a Grubee 48cc kit mounted. If your running a Whizzer you will need registration and insurance. They are large enough in the engine size that they fall under motorcycle regs.
I personally would not ride without a helmet but that is up to you. I really wish our host will use one. I would hate to have to visit him in the hospital for something as stupid as not wearing a helmet. (Jay) lol
See you there. I will have my Whizzer and my HF Q-Matic build.

Jim

I have 3 bikes & none have turn signals. They have lights. None of my friends have ever been pulled over by the police. They say if it's under 49cc you don't need license, but it's a gray area. A police officer takes Karate with me & just told me the other day "if it's under 50cc, you don't need a license for it.
Jay

Pa rally

James, will you be coming?

HseLoMein,
I am seriously tempted, but would have to leave that night as i want to be back for the Lars bicycle show.
Not even sure which bike I would bring. They all run great so maby I would bring all three of them for spares for myself or others.

Pa Rally

HseLoMien,
Perhaps we could car pool. I have a car with a trailer. We could split gas and driving. I have a spare Mb if someone needs to use it. If your interested let me know what your planning for departure both comming and going. I would figure 7hrs each way.

Jim

Yeah i think i will be doing the same thing as well, cause i do want to go to the Lars Bicycle show too.

Back