Centrifugal Centrifugal Clutch in oil

What does your spark plug look like? Is it fouling? And is it gapped properly?

Sorry, no idea what the gap should be on you Honda 50.

Also, does your engine use 2 fuel lines? Are both in the bottom of your tank? Is one of them crimped?

I just cleaned the tank (n the oil filter)yesterday... and I am waiting it to dry up b4 I put some gas in it.

Also, my honda GXH engine uses one fuel line only.

Cleaned the tank and the filter... it's still a no go. new the engine start for less then 1 sec then stall

man... I can't believe no one has much experience w/ a four strokes here... neither does google search......

Stalling problem still happen......and it's getting worse!

stalling etc

HI It looks to me like you took all the tin off of the engine around your cylinder head? If you did, I'm told it will burn the exhaust valve, and if so, will not run right untill you fix that. Mike

Air, Fuel & Ignition

1. Is air getting to the engine? Try removing the air filter for just long enough to see if that solves your problem.

2. Is the engine getting gas? All the time? Is it getting too much gas and fouling the spark plug? Sometimes a fouled plug will get progressively worse until eventually it stops altogether. Do not assume a spark plug is gapped correctly just because it's new. Spark plugs DO NOT come pregapped and have not been pregapped in over 30 years. And even if it were pregapped a simple drop of the box it's shipped in could change its gap. Have you ever seen how freight get handled? The words "Fragile" and "Handle with Care" mean do not run over with fork lift. I've found spark plugs installed from the factory with the wrong gap. Never assume anything.

I once ran an engine with the carb removed altogether. Stick fuel line in intake and crank. Warning: It will run full throttle until you pull the fuel line back out.

3. Are your electrical connections tight? Is your spark plug wire broken inside, pulled partly loose from the coil. Is the plug fouled? Sometimes even brand new spark plugs foul or go bad altogether.

This could be a problem with your engine-kill-switch. Unplug the kill-switch from your engine and crank it.

This is not a 2-stroke/4 stroke issue. Basic engine diagnosis is the same for both.

Final question: Have you done anything that could affect the valve or ignition timing of your engine?

1. Is air getting to the engine? Try removing the air filter for just long enough to see if that solves your problem.

Tried that... Nothing changed

2. Is the engine getting gas? All the time? Is it getting too much gas and fouling the spark plug?.

I think it's not getting gas all the time since "I think" the carb isn't working.
Basically the engine runs for a few seconds and died. I think the fuel supply has some problem... But not the gas tank. I cleaned the the tank, the gas filter and the rubber gas pipe.

I will check the spark plug now.

3. Are your electrical connections tight? Is your spark plug wire broken inside, pulled partly loose from the coil. Is the plug fouled? Sometimes even brand new spark plugs foul or go bad altogether.

wiring is good... I triple checked all connections.

Does your carb have a fuel bulb-- one of those little rubber things you pump for cold starts? If it does then get someone to pump it non stop while you try to crank the engine. If the engine continues to run when pumping but stalls when you stop pumping then you've got carb problems.

Of course you could still have carb problems I'm just trying to leave no stone unturned.

no... I don't have the "fuel bulb" for the carb. the carb uses the floating pastic to open and close the fuel input in order to regulate the fuel level in the carb.

I did order a new carb last week. I hope it will solve the problem once it arrive.

BTW, the spark plug is good. Gap is good, not too carbonated, and I believe it does sparking fine.

Back