Centrifugal Centrifugal Clutch Inoperative

Welcome to the forum. I think Fabian has it figured out. Your manual clutch still exists on your motorbike. The manual clutch must transmit engine power for you to drive the rear wheel.
When I installed my centrifugal clutch, I had been riding my motorbike for over a year. I kept the manual clutch operative, cable, lever and all, so that I could still pedal start the engine.
I hope you get it all worked out before the pull cord snaps.

I just put another washer on the bolt rather than risk burring the fine threads and it solved my problem.IN order to start and operate should the manual clutch be used as well for if I don't disengage the clutch its hard to start. I understand how the clutch operates but I just need to know the whole operation. How should I find your previous post on this subject. Thank you for your help and can use all the help you can give so I will be able to enjoy my new toy for many years to come

Thank you for your response. The pull start cord did break and have fixed it already. Due to the clearance of the muffler and the addition of pull start and cc I just pulled crank and put pipe for foot rest. Cant peddle anymore. At 71 years of age I found pedaling hard on my back legs due to arthritis. I have had a taste of riding my bike today and cant wait to get all these kinks worked out I will install the handle and cord tomorrow.

Would adding a washer work instead of trimming the bolt? sounds easier?
Golly, someone older than I am. I'm startin' to fall apart a bit too, but still
pedaling so far.

Due to the clearance of the muffler and the addition of pull start and cc I just pulled crank and put pipe for foot rest.

If you happen to come across a cranky police officer, it pays to always have the pedals of the bike turning. The pipe solution is completely unnecessary as Sick Bike Parts sells wider cartridges to deal with clearance issues:

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=107&osCsid=fcugbn104hskt5rpeaeku5aui7

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=114&osCsid=fcugbn104hskt5rpeaeku5aui7

I have had a taste of riding my bike today and cant wait to get all these kinks worked out

The more you sort the kinks out, and with the ever increasing reliability you receive for your efforts, the more addictive this hobby/transport will become; in fact it will become so addictive that you will even sacrifice relationships to pursue time on the bike.

30 yrs driving a truck did me in. Can't deal with the peddling. As far as police officers I ride around my RV park which is very large. If I go riding I'll take my bike in the country for I intend to transport my bike to a safe place. Like to hear from members who have been stopped by the police and hassled. To me it doesn't make any difference whether you have peddles or not. The motor is what will be seen and I have already checked the laws and I'm perfectly within my rights to ride without peddles .Anyone know what CYA means.

MB's not especially legal here, But I ride by cops practically
every time I go out. I wear a helmet, dayglo vest, and have
a flashing tail light. As long as you're riding in a safe fashion,
I don't think they care. I don't give them any cause to mess
with me. I'm just that eccentric old man on a motored bike.

P.S. You might try a stationary exercise bike. I've had some
horrendous leg injuries as well as arthritis. When I started on
the stationary bike I found the the Arthritis actually improved
considerably. Eating less meat helps as well. That reduces the
uric acid build up in your joints. Ya gotta keep movin' or you'll
seize up. When I miss A couple days exercise, I can really feel
it.

Last edited:
Back