chain froze up

can be that chain is too loose, but sometimes a heavy duty chain will rise up on a cheap drive sprocket that has flat topped teeth and won't let the chain fall down into the valleys - this can be fixed by filing or grinding the teeth to be more narrow in the direction of turning

Chain jams

Hi all I'm new here and I recently bought a motor from bike berry on Amazon and the chain jams and I can't figure out what to do now because it jams then now the clutch won't work plz help!!!!

you first need to get it unstuck, then fix whatever is making it get stuck

Some castings are pretty tight around the engine sprocket which makes the chain get stuck. You need to increase the clearance or run a smaller chain.

Kit chain is usually 415H, running a standard 415 might take care of the problem. Otherwise you'll have to get in there with files or a dremel.

Pull your left drive sprocket cover off and look inside it, in the front of the cover where it is flat.
Chances are you see chain scraping marks.
Either grind that area down, or just cut a chunk of the cover out to let the chain ride free.
This hurts nothing and you can't even see it as the magneto cover is right next to it.

Back