Chain Lube Recommendations?

gearhead222

Local time
6:16 PM
Dear Fellow MB'rs-Searched on the forum and could not find any clearcut answer on this one. Been using Tri-Flow, as that's what I use on my pedal bike. It doesn't stick too well, so was wondering if anyone had any inexpensive lube recommendations. Although it's a wet lube, Honda recommended straight 70 or 80 gear lube for the chain on their ACE 750, although I used a dry chain lube to good effect. Don't use WD-40 to lube ANYTHING, as I have known for awhile that it's just compressed Kerosene-great for cleaning and water displacement (as it was originally designed for by the gov't). Thanx for any detailed feedback:)-Gearhead

Its called Chain Wax, get it, use it, love it!!

Used it for years on dirt bikes because it was excellent at keeping dirt off of it.
Any Motorcycle shop should have it

Thanx Dude! Is this the white spray on stuff? I used this dry lube on my Honda ACE 750 and it worked great! Tri-Flo is okay. but it doesn't want to stay on that well:(-Gearhead

I use Dupont Teflon Multipurpose I get at Lowes. I use it on my MB and my motorcycle- dries dry, does not attract dirt...smells like coconut sun tan lotion.

Cool-Is it actually a multipurpose lube? Is it a spray? Will have to research that one. Dupont makes some great products:)-Gearhead

UPDATE-Checked out the lube on Lowe's and Dupont's website,along with your homebrew racer-SWEET! Very nice work!:)-Gearhead

Last edited:
Cool-Is it actually a multipurpose lube? Is it a spray? Will have to research that one. Dupont makes some great products:)-Gearhead

UPDATE-Checked out the lube on Lowe's and Dupont's website,along with your homebrew racer-SWEET! Very nice work!:)-Gearhead

looks like you found it. Here is a link anyway:

http://www2.dupont.com/Consumer_Lubricants/en_US/products/dryfilm.html

I use the "Multi-Use" in the Blue can. Works great on my motorcycle at motorcycle speeds- will probably last very long on a MB.

It is white at first but dries clear. You might be thinking of some type of lithium grease.

The maxima chain wax lasts a long time and is a very dry compound. Thus I usually oil it with a wet spray every 6 months or so if it has o-rings.

Any Motorcycle Chain and Cable Lube should do it. If you want very clean, put Mobil 1
in an oil can, put cardboard under bike to catch drippings. Drip oil on each link,
spin wheel to move chain, let old dirty lube drip off onto cardboard. Short ride later, repeat. Chain will stay clean. NAPA makes a dry film graphite lubricant, goes on wet and black, dries to a soft Gray. Let dry before wiping down bike, the lube turns to a
soft powder, lasts forever.

Thanx bro! Been real happy with the Dupont dry lube recommended by another forum members. Chain runs quiet and the lube stays where it's put!:)-Gearhead

Back