chain not fitting

ricky61071

Local time
7:12 PM
i am doing my first build right now. I got the motor about 3 days ago. i have had no problems with it so far except for one thing. I got a 415/50 chain with the kit. and it wont go over my wheel sprocket properly. the sprocket is a standard 44 tooth. and suggestions what i can do? do i need a new chain or is it the sprocket?

You need to clarify a little.
A 415 chain is 1/2" pitch and so is a 44T sprocket as supplied with the kits.
The 415 does 'slop' side-to-side a fair bit. Is that what you mean?

Can you post a pic?

no it fits side to side but it just dont fit long ways i put it on about half the teeth and the other half the teeth hit the bearing on the chain and wont go on over the teeth i dont no what the problem is with it

here is a pic for you

Attachments

• 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Doesn't look good. Hard to tell if the sprocket or chain is wrong. My guess is the chain.
Since it's cheapest and easiest to get, I'd buy a decent length of chain first and see if it fits better.

Even better, contact the vendor that sold you the kit and show him that pic.
(Who was it, out of interest?)

ya thats what i was thinkin bout doing i might juss go and get a 410 chain since i have heard alot of good things bout them and i bought the motor kit from boy go fast thats the only problem that i have had with it so far besides issues with the bike.

Personally, I've heard very little good about BGF, especially in terms of support.

410 is well worth fitting, in my opinion. Just make sure that your countershaft sprocket isn't too wide for it.
I changed to 410 from 415H myself, with good results, but had to grind the countershaft sprocket a little thinner to suit. (I don't have a rear LHS sprocket, though, I'm running a SBP shift kit.) From what I hear, in most cases 410 will fit straight on. Buy a decent brand like KMC, not cheap rubbish, then you'll know the pitch is right.

Let us know how you go.

i will definatly do that thanks for the help i appreciate it i will keep u guys updated.

I think mine was about the same at the beggining but after everything was put together and after my first run it was ok..
The thing is that these chains are of bad quality and tend to lengthen alot with time :)

Back