Carby chain saw carby on a 70cc

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by datsun610, Jun 26, 2010.

1. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi every one i have put a chain sore carby on my 70cc motorized bike its the best up grad you can do a lot better than eny carby you can bye for the motors if i opern it up taking off it wheel spins with a 32 tooth on it dont know the top speed yet as it is very scary to ride lol

2. Flapdoodle

Flapdoodle Member

Let me see if I understand this...You put a chainsaw carburetor on a Happy Time bike engine?

What brand and size was the carburetor? Any photos?

3. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi dont know what a happy time is its a 70cc push bike motor and a 60cc chain saw carby i have the delorto and mukani carb and the chain saw is by far the best carb as it can be set doen low and up high i will be posting pics soon

4. Flapdoodle

Flapdoodle Member

Happy Time is the cheap, rather crude engine from china. It is the most common one you see here in the forum.

5. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi mate no mine is a race motor built by rock solid in s.a the motor alone cost me $300 it has a 5 fal over size pistion and longer stroke and alot better parts in it than the cheep one i will post picks soon

6. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

Which is your's, a Stage 1 or Stage 2 kit?
    ie Do you have a billet hi-comp head?
    Neither of them has a longer stroke. Was your's custom-made?
    Finally, what's 5 fal?

7. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi the crank is longer my my 66cc one yes cutsom made stage one i havent got the head yet im think of getting one but with the carb im running its very very good my mate builds hoted up chain saws he has one of the best in oz he is the one thats making me the pipe and tuneing my bike as it is if you give it full throtel taking off it will wheel spin the 5 tho is my custom motor has a 5 tho over size pistion in it i have cheeket with my other motor thats a 66cc and my new one is bigger its a true 70cc email rock solid and thay can conferm

8. AussieSteve

Right, I understand 5 thou, (0.005").
    (Not doubting what you say.)
    Did Tony also do the 'stroking'?
    (Long-stroke crankshaft. A longer 'crank' won't give a longer stroke.)

If so I have a couple of questions for him.

Since you're looking for performance, I recommend the billet hi-comp head. 16:1 CR vs 6:1
    Noticeable improvement in power right through the rev range.
    Only drawback is that you need longer than standard studs.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  9. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi mate yes tony did the stroking he told me some one brught just the crank from him for a 66cc and thay put the pistion thro the top of thare head. if thats the case with the high comp head ill get one i have been looking on ebay at pocket bike head kits thay have a high comp head as well that looks like it might fit the head studds are the same distance a part from what thay told me whan i email him what do you think. i will post picks of my bike tomorrow in the day my bike is a specalized rock hopper with high drolic frount bracks its a biger than normal size frame.nothing specal but looks good and rides smothe thats the man thing

10. datsun610

datsun610 Member

call tony to conferm im shore his not pulling my leg lol i did pay $300 for just the motor and delorto.are you close to whare i em id like to go for a ride with you so you can see the power my bike has every one i have came a crose so far can not keep up im running the 32 tooth sprocet as well my feul is 98 octan running 40to1 with full synthetic oil thats cost me $30 for a leter

11. AussieSteve

Yeah, if you fit any hi-comp head, check piston clearance before firing up the engine.
    (Reply to post #9)

12. datsun610

datsun610 Member

k will do thanks mate do you know if thare is a good speedo for the bikes i was running a normail one battery and the magnet on the wheel it worked fine on my old motor know i got this one from tony my speedo is going all over the place he sed that he remagnatized the magnet to make it a stronger magnet do you think that cald be whay its not working

13. AussieSteve

$30 per litre!!! Are you tripping?

I run higher than 98 octane. I buy 95, then add octane booster. Total about $1.50/litre. That's only to prevent detonation due to the high compression.
    With a stock head, you don't need high octane fuel. If anything, it could slow you down.
    Higher octane fuel is less volatile and harder to fire.

I'm in Nowra, with no transport except my 2-stroke and electric bikes.
    I'd love a ride, though.
    will_start, (from Wollongong), and I have been trying to organise a ride for a couple of weeks.
    Do you also have a car?

Just realised that you meant $30 per litre for the 2-stroke oil, not the fuel.
    (I'm a bit slow sometimes.)

14. AussieSteve

Been there and done that with the speedos.

My original was a 'Sunding' from China, (eBay), which reset every time I started the engine.
    I bought a 'Cateye VELO 5' and have never had another problem.
    (Run the wire up the front brake cable.)

15. datsun610

datsun610 Member

ive tryd that no good i have put insalation tape over the coil wire and tried a new speedo still no good its a strange one.no other transport just my bike i can take it on a train tho i do it all the time i take a back pack with a contaner in it be for i get to the station i empty my tank and thay peddle to the station and hop on i got stoped onece and whan i showd him the tank was empty he sed thats ok just make shore thares no petty in it whan ever i cach a train

16. AussieSteve

First, I meant to fit a 'Cateye' and run the wire down the brake cable.
    It won't help with a cheap speedo. I've tried full shielding, including shielded cable, on the cheap speedos. No go.
    Insulation tape will do nothing in terms of magnetic shielding.

Regarding the train, you know it's illegal to take MBs on a train in NSW and specifically banned? Watch out for fines.

Here's the rule, straight from CityRail:-
    OZ - No MBs on NSW Trains

17. datsun610

datsun610 Member

wow i didnt know that i just got told to bye a child ticket for the bike i must be lucky

18. datsun610

datsun610 Member

hi mate just read the city rail thing you can take bike on the train and in peek our times bye a chald ticket just take the petty out of it and give it a go see what thay say

19. AussieSteve

Yeah, it's a pain. isn't it?
    My concern is that they'd let me put the bike on the train at Nowra, then refuse me on the way back.

I'd say that you've just been lucky because many rail employees probably don't know the rules that they're supposed to enforce.
    Watch out for the ones that do know the rules.