chain specs

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Demosthenese, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

while testing my engine for the first time, the connecting link in the chain lost its clip (i think on my tensioner). this led to it losing the loose plate held on by the clip, and then being bent to smithereens by the engine sprocket. so i need a new connecting link.

i am fully aware of the drive train section, and it has an excellent link to a chain site comeplete with all the specs. if i wanted to, i can use that site and a ruler to figure out the chain....

but im lazy! so i wanted to know if anyone knows the specs of the chains that ship with the kits. this may be an obtuse question; there are lots of different kits, for all i know they are all different sizes. but if they are known to be the same, and anyone knows the answer id appreciate, and im sure itll get linked into the drive train section.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

who did you buy your engine from ?
    it will help to answer your question
  3. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

bought it off ebay, power king shop.
  4. Demosthenese

Demosthenese Guest

5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

415 is the size you are looking for, also if you need 1 he treat you like a human,not a wallet
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

truth be told, the definitive dimensions aren't here, believe it, i looked (and looked) :???:

so, who's gonna break out the calipers? i don't have any...
  7. mickal1025

mickal1025 Guest

just for kicks posted this link to a good chart.
    or search for chain chart i have a caliper but no longer have my original chain. i use a "41" its the same pitch and same roller size but is 1/16th inch wider. my kit came with the 415 chain.
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest