Chain tensioner in spokes

Well I am going to try one more time before I do anything else I am going to try every suggestion that was given here until one of them works. thanks guys and continue with the suggestions.thx :)

you can also try running a small metal bar across the inside or outside face of the chain tensioner with the two ends anchored to the frame of your bike. use hose clamps to attach to the bike and tensioner (if on outside). this works but it looks god awful especially on your brightly colored bike. the metal bar cost like $2-3, the stronger the material the better (ie steel).

Does anybody have anymore suggestions that would be a huge help thanks a lot guys. :)
We gave you our good suggestions. I wouldn't do this, but I have seen it done. If it is a steel frame you could get it aligned and weld it to the chain stay. I would do this. Go back to reply # 7. buy one. Align it properly and your troubles will all be over. Tensioner troubles that is.

you can also try running a small metal bar across the inside or outside face of the chain tensioner with the two ends anchored to the frame of your bike. use hose clamps to attach to the bike and tensioner (if on outside). this works but it looks god awful especially on your brightly colored bike. the metal bar cost like $2-3, the stronger the material the better (ie steel).

Thats exactly what I am doing but I am bolting it to the frame.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
20161119_102944.jpg
I got it guys attached is a picture of what it looks like.

Well I am going to try one more time before I do anything else I am going to try every suggestion that was given here until one of them works. thanks guys and continue with the suggestions.thx :)

If you go to your motor vehicle laws you'll see that commercial use of motor vehicle is used a lot.
http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/30100000201.html, http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/30100000101.html

Titl
View attachment 74652 I got it guys attached is a picture of what it looks like.

Problem solved :)

Just out of curiosity how many holes did you drill through the chain stay to make that thing work? Good idea, but perhaps not the best thought through execution.

The danger is that the holes weaken the wheel stays and make them prone to breaking there.
You should avoid drilling, cutting, denting, bending or welding the frame at all costs.
Frames are typically made as light as can be with just barely enough strength to do the job.

Back