Chain Tensioner Chain Tensioner / Silencer for Stretch Setups

'nother idea

Augi, what is the OD of the bearings? Maybe a slice of either PVC or ABS plastic plumbing pipe? This would at worst, create a free-running roller over the bearings, no harm done.

Mike

Sleeves

Hi, well, plumbing comes in 1, 1 1/4, 1 1/2. BUT, would you care if there were 1/16 slack top to bottom on "rolling sleeve? In addition, MAYBE the coupling used on a 1" pipe will measure near 1 1/8? A pve coupling is like .29 and that stuff is tough!

Maybe I can think of something else......check 1" copper pipe coupling?

Mike

over 50 miles on a "relining"...looking much better this time :)
41_Mvc495f_1.jpg

i'm still looking for the right copper/brass tubing, that'd be too cool 8)

heater hose is one idea ,,,
i had bought in a hardware store a rubber base in a can a little smaller then a quart size ,,lets say,, that you wanted to put rubber on a wooden handle ,or a handle made of pipe etc. .you dip the handle in the rubber base ,,dry in a couple hours unbelievable strong ,you end up with a coating of rubber about 1 eight thick ,,just a thought at least interesting ..

japat100

interesting yes...wouldn't know how to be consistently round on the thickness tho, any ideas on that?

no dice, folks. the arms broke under so much vibration. i'm totally glad it didn't happen while i was riding...another fine example of the need for frequent inspections.

new version, it's "solid" but no more so than a standard length chain-run:
41_Mvc503f_1.jpg

it even seems to be self-centering, so far i love it :)

it's building itself, i'm just along for the physical labor :LOL: :LOL:

this one's really quiet, too...if it pans out, i may try to find some bushings to let the bottom swivel then use the spring again.

Back