Chainsaw bike FINISHED!

Discussion in 'Video Gallery' started by EZMJon, Jan 7, 2013.

1. EZMJon

EZMJon Member

Fun to ride and SCARY fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Does that have a stock chainsaw exhaust on it? So like basically no exhaust. That would be very loud if so!
  3. EZMJon

EZMJon Member

It is quite loud haha, but it was a lot of fun to build. A lot of headaches with this bike, but a blast to ride. Luckly, where I live, the noise it makes isn't really an issue.
  4. slickdude

slickdude Member

I have a posting elsewhere. I am building an EKrate a sort of Orange Krate wannabe knockoff with an electric setup...all sorts of headaches so far, but I believe it is doable with my experience from past projects.
  5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Did you cut off the top frame tube to make space for the engine?
    Being a short wheel-based 20 incher I bet you can pop a wheelie easy. I hope you make a video showing you ride it.
  6. EZMJon

EZMJon Member

Can you post a link, or some pictures?
  7. EZMJon

EZMJon Member

They're not 20'', they're 16"!!! Haha, Its a fast little thing, but no wheelies. It's a little slower taking off, but I get much more top end this way. I did cut the top bar, and welded the mount in its place for some support. Fun bike. Heres a link of me riding it,

This is one of the first test runs,
  8. EZMJon

EZMJon Member

9. Gearhead1993

Gearhead1993 New Member

Saw the build of this bike earlier on youtube. Good job man. Your ratio may have been a little better with a smaller sprocket on the clutch though. What is your current ratio with that jackshaft?
  10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Dude! You are a daredevil.
  11. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

Agree w/Gearhead. Low gears will allow your engine to be more effective, especially @ low and midrange. That's where the bike is so much more enjoyable. 0-25mph is where a streetable MB shines. My First gear is 46.36:1. Even in Second gear (38.18:1), I have to hang on, lest the bike pushes my butt right off its back.