Chainsaws,weedwhackers,snow blowers...oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok SRDavo,
By looking at the set up on the lawnmower, it looks like it's also going to be a bump-n-run unless you are going to modify it. I guess you could make a pivot on the pulleys. or a lot of different things.
Oh well, keep us posted. My curiosity is up.
Doc

the snowblower is back on the road!!! :)

I finally have some pics of alexlacey's sno-blo-mo-bike!!!

rings & rod bearings....some tlc...it's running!!

it's been a great weekend so far......
Tomorrow, if no rain, we're going to bike to Girard, Ks. to their fall festival, Car & bike show. (12 miles one way)
In case of rain, we'll be working on my/our next project....Briggs & Stratton meets 2 girlie Schwinns!

Attachments

• 100_1714.JPG
    100_1714.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • 100_1716.JPG
    100_1716.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 3,562
  • 100_1719.jpg
    100_1719.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,521
  • 100_1720m.JPG
    100_1720m.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,615
Hello all, I've really been trying to figure out the best way to mount the 31cc ryobi weedeater engine to my suspension mountain bike, but it has alot of plastic covers and not much solid metal to bolt or weld onto.

What ways to most people attack mounting a two stroke trimmer motor? I'm open to hearing about all types of bike mounts(cruiser, bmx, mb..) not just full-suspension?

hello srdavo, can you lend some advice on how I can mount a weedeater engine to a full-suspension bike to use the existing gears? I know it sounds difficult, but I'm really really excited to see this project come to fruition! Thanks.

Hello all, I've really been trying to figure out the best way to mount the 31cc ryobi weedeater engine to my suspension mountain bike, but it has alot of plastic covers and not much solid metal to bolt or weld onto.
I have a Ryobi weedwhacker....usually, under the shroud covering the output shaft, there are a few points to bolt the engine to a mounting plate. I'll have a look at mine & post some pics.

What ways to most people attack mounting a two stroke trimmer motor? I'm open to hearing about all types of bike mounts(cruiser, bmx, mb..) not just full-suspension?

IMO, this, is by far, the cleanest mounting design for a home-built.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=82825&postcount=1

hello srdavo, can you lend some advice on how I can mount a weedeater engine to a full-suspension bike to use the existing gears? I know it sounds difficult, but I'm really really excited to see this project come to fruition!

I have not attempted to motor-up, using the existing bicycle gears. I'm not sure if this has been done with any success? I would like to see this idea take shape.
Thanks.

I am planning to motor a full suspension bike with a small chainsaw. This will be friction drive and must mount totally to the swingarm.

dave

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really trying to mount this engine to the frame instead of swingarm. Once I finish I know I will have truly contributed to the forum with a new concept.

What I need right now is a bracket/clamp that tightens over the frame, which are hard to find( not a home depot/lowes or ace's hardware). I'm resorting to fabrication shops(the ones that don't look at me funny when I tell them my idea:rolleyes:)

:cool:You could buy STATON'S u-shaped bracket that bolts onto the frame...

or you could duplicate it with brackets from Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace Hardware.:rolleyes:

Myron

There's some stunningly great ideas in this thread. Thanks everyone for the inspiration :D

Hey Dave ,i motorized a full suspension witha rear rack mount. worked exc. . not sure if i have any pics . let me know if details would help . it was basically the sme as on my schwinn in the picture. Had 2 verticale supports per side spaced out and the front connecting mount to the seat post hingedd to allow for the suspension movement. Rode for probably 3 or 4 months with no probs. it wasnt friction , was belt driven but would work either way . build initial rack , then have secondary rackwith engine and roller hinged at rear and free floating to allow for engage and disingage

Attachments

• 57_DSCN0220_1.jpg
    57_DSCN0220_1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,318
  • 57_DSCN0223_1.jpg
    57_DSCN0223_1.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,466
  • 57_DSCN0224_2.jpg
    57_DSCN0224_2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,303
Haggard, what size is your primary and secondary pullies? Is that a wind cover on the rear wheel? Does that trailer have duallies?
Nice setup
doc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back