Chainsaws,weedwhackers,snow blowers...oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haggard, what size is your primary and secondary pullies? Is that a wind cover on the rear wheel? Does that trailer have duallies?
Nice setup
doc

Hi Dockspa .Sorry so long to reply. Been extremely busy and missd your post.
Pulleys are 5 1/2 '' and 12 '' steel vbelt pulleys .
Not a wind cover.
Basically , it is a spoke saver >
I mount my pulley or sprocket to the disk which sits tight to the hub and rim and is connected with sections of a ring and bolted similar to the happy time sprocket but it bolts around the spoke adjusters which are alot stronger than the spokes them selves.
the mounting rings are aluminun as is the disk and the ring sections actually thread between the spokes and are bolted through. Thats doesnt really explain it well. Look here for better details on my homemade wheel discs, Will be adding it to this thread http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7996 in a day or 2
Haggard

Oh yeah . those are definitely duallies Makes 'er real stable.
Horrible in the snow though. having to push through to much snow so went back to singles til snow melted. then dualies back on

Last edited by a moderator:
heres one i built a couple years back i was pretty bored that day sorry no pedals

homelite weedwacker engine homemade frame BMX bike peg for spindle

Attachments

• fold1.jpg
    fold1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,141
  • fold2.jpg
    fold2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • fold3.jpg
    fold3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,181
  • fold4.jpg
    fold4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,012
it was alright i got used to it very fast

i built it so i can fold it and take it anywhere with me

im a little strange i like things that fold for some reason

but that bike is long gone i build things ride them for a wile then enp up cuttin them up to build something else

heres a couple pics of it folded

Attachments

• folded01.jpg
    folded01.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 967
  • folded02.jpg
    folded02.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 943
The beginnings of a chainsaw friction drive.

Attachments

• Picture 23.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • Picture 26.jpg
    Picture 26.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,046
  • Picture 29.jpg
    Picture 29.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,000
heres one i built a couple years back i was pretty bored that day sorry no pedals

homelite weedwacker engine homemade frame BMX bike peg for spindle

jay.... that looks like a wild ride....I like it, too!!!

Ya Haggard, I see what you mean on your first bike but you could almost start a whole new thread on the chainsaw friction. It's a little hard to see the pics but I get the jest of it. Gatta see it when your done.
Doc

Ya Haggard, I see what you mean on your first bike but you could almost start a whole new thread on the chainsaw friction. It's a little hard to see the pics but I get the jest of it. Gatta see it when your done.
Doc
Yeah Maybe I'lll do that Doc. A tutorial kinda thread soon as I get a decent camera and some time. Recently started a new job and am putting in alot of hours at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back