Changing rear tire on motorized bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theantieggroll

Local time
7:56 PM
Looked through the first few pages and didn't find anything. Tried googling it as well. If it's a super noob question sorry. Just bought it 2 days ago and the tires super flat after filling it last night. It's a cheap huffy with an aftermarket 2 stroke bolted on

Its a little more challenging then changing a pedal bike tire. The only difference is now you have 2 chains to deal with... Its kind of straighford as to how to do it, but if you have more questions Id be glad to help.

Its a little more challenging then changing a pedal bike tire. The only difference is now you have 2 chains to deal with... Its kind of straighford as to how to do it, but if you have more questions Id be glad to help.
Is there a how to thread? I've never done it on a mountain bike either. Kinda afraid to screw it up

Check if your engine chain has a masterlink if so disconnect it , then just remove as normal .

Some people turn bicycles upside down to change but not the best idea for motorized , best lift the bike up then rest on some timber chocks or something

Check if your engine chain has a masterlink if so disconnect it , then just remove as normal .

Some people turn bicycles upside down to change but not the best idea for motorized , best lift the bike up then rest on some timber chocks or something
It's never a good idea on any bike with lights, computer or saddle that you want to keep! I use a cheap mechanic's stand at home, but on the road use a belt looped around the seat post and the nearest signpost, fence or tree limb. Webbing belt with a metal quick release buckle is best.
At home the easiest way is put a countersunk screw into the top of a door so it still clears the doorframe and that stops the belt slipping off. Wedge under the door. The bike can still swing around but it's okay for simple jobs like changing a tube. :)

I've noticed that most cycling enthusiasts (the ones wearing spandex and riding several thousand $$$ bikes) lay their bikes on the ground. I cringe when I see that. I would never lay such an expensive road bike on the ground. The main issue with flipping a MB upside down is the gas tank. All your gas will pour out. You could always carry a couple of towels to put the bars and seat on. But the best idea seems to be one of these https://www.walmart.com/ip/19582678...75035&wl11=online&wl12=19582678&wl13=&veh=sem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back