Charged with driving while license suspended and operating an unregistered vehicle

At the very least you and all the michigan guys here should lobby your state reps about the situation and have the law changed if possible.The fact that your still young should help with the court situation as well.

if we are wishing to lobby our state reps
it is always best if we have our side of the street clean

thus -- if I have no drivers license
I would probably have -- NO LUCK WHAT SO EVER
regarding anything to do with driving issues
changes in the current laws ect.......

it would be pretty embarrassing to be meeting with ones in high places
then they ask of us
is the real reason that you are pushing for this
BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE ???

what would one say at that point ??? daaaaaaaaaa

does being young help us while in court ?
may help and it may hurt -- flip the coin..

and don't forget to -
Ride That Thing Mountainman

Trying to ammend the law has nothing to do with Simonators legal issues.

I don't know think state rep's run background checks when a constituent voices a concern about a law.

The first step would be to get them acknowledge them and the peoples desire to use them,then go from there.

I believe the majority of states require no license as it should be,the emphasis does not to be on the drivers license alone.You don't need a D.L. to operate a bicycle and shouldn't need one for M.B.'s,be them electric or gas.

The law won't change itself.

Too many points on my license. I kept driving and got caught driving while license suspended a few times. Then I started fleeing police if I thought I could get away. That worked a few times but I eventually got busted for that. Now my license is revoked and I have to pay thousands and thousands of dollars and have a hearing in court to get it back.

I do not mean to be harsh but there is something that sort of sticks out here.

Earlier you said that you expected to be warned, not ticketed ... reading this, it appears you were warned on more than one occasion.

I do not mean to be harsh but there is something that sort of sticks out here.

Earlier you said that you expected to be warned, not ticketed ... reading this, it appears you were warned on more than one occasion.

The way I looked at it is I gone a few years doing the right thing. No driving at all. I been riding a bike. Now I have a little motor on it so I don't have to pedal as much. Big deal. At least I am not driving a car. I was hoping that if I got pulled over the cop would look at my situation like that. Nope. He was Mr. I go by the book. That bicycle is a motorized vehicle. He doesn't have a license. He hasn't changed. He is a piece of sh*t.

I think i should move to a state that allows operation of pedal assist bicycles with no license required.

#1 -- I don't know think state rep's run background checks when a constituent voices a concern about a law.

#2 -- The law won't change itself.

regarding #1 -- let me tell you how it truly is
I know many of these ones
for them to run a backround check is -- SO EASY
and many that happen into their offices are checked out
one phone call -------- 2 minutes at the most -- there you are
and they are in no way DUMB
and know the questions to ask of one -- so be ready

regarding #2 -- true the law won't change itself
but - I thought that someone had a court case coming up
no laws will be changed before court date...

makes it hard when we wish to ride that thing ---- MM

it doesn't hurt to contact your gov.reps.
do so in a nice manner.
Ask that the law be amended so motorized bicycles can opperate as bicycles.
And not as Mo-peds
Make a statement showing students and other low income people would greatly benifit by this change.
the more that contact the better our changes are.

Back