Cheap HP pipe?

You can check out my bike on the other site under "mountain bikes and road bikes" under the thread "29r genisis almost done?" Ive got a built 66cc 2 stoke with 29inch wheels and 40thooth sproket . it does 34mph ,even if i went to a 36t it would get me to 38mph. there are members with morini motors that are hitting 50+ but those motors can achieve 11,000 rpms.
If you really want to see what you can reach goto "Wild in the streets" heading on this site and the first "sticky" should be a gear ratio calculator. Plug in your REAL numbers and see how fast you will go. You will be suprized that it is not as fast as you think.
So really, no disrespect, but before you claim such high speeds do the math.
If it was that easy , everyone would be riding around at 70+mph
Just some food for thought

Not true the only highest speed I heard of is 63 and with no video he said he backed off as he was scared to pop a tire. I'll provide video and I allready been doing 50 on my first tests without video.

Sorry ifixeverything for going off on your thead, to get to your question- i dont think that pipe would be a good choice, if you look at the bends it looks like the pipe was cheaply bent, it looks like the flow is being seriously restricted. This pipe would be a better choice
http://www.ebay.com/itm/49cc-Pocket...=330286725395&ps=63&clkid=3914963237874947302
It would take a little modification but would be much better for performance.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
bideronit13, the rpm of the motor and the gear s you have will detemine your max speed. Sure if i put a 24t sprocket on my bike i could hit 50mph , but how long would it take to get there and i would not even be able to go up a 10% grade
Post a pic of your gears ,motor,and tire diameter, it will be easy to figure out max speed with the calculatior.

That's not an issue. I have the gearing fine the way it is. I am only working on mods that will increase top end.
I ran 50mph stock with no mods. The exhaust pipe was a disaster and as cro magnum was mistaking the pipe was causing my RPM's to flex that could cause a motor disaster.
Thats why I am trying to let the OP know about some pipes that people just trust to be OK. When there not even close. You can only prove it by taking it apart.

The only way your gonna get more top speed with the same gearing is to get the motor to a higher rpm. If serious internal modifications are not done its not going to happen or your just going to grenade the motor. Any motor can only handle so many rpm's

Heres a little tutorial on performance richirich1113. This is also relavent to the topic.

the smaller the exhaust outlet increases backpressure. This effectively decreases the powerband to create more low-end torque. It also decreases exhaust tone and enriches carburetion.

the larger the increases the exhaust outlet decreases back pressure. This widens the powerband at the top end. It also increases exhaust tone and leans out carburetion.

Well my exhaust gives me mad power thru the whole powerband. at 6500 rpm i can go 34mph. If you think that doing a little exhaust mod and carb mod on a 50cc motor is going to get you to 11,000 rpom so you can go 70mph.
Good luck with that...

If you have ever read anything about sick bike parts they which I have choosen. Well they brag of 50mph with little engine stress.
So my simple mods should get me to 70 with just that little stress on the motor.

If it was that easy, why would SBP only claim 50MPH , **** if they made a bike that would do 70mph easily they be billionairs. And if it was that easy everyone would be bragging and proving it all over the place.
All im going to say is "Good luck with that" i hope it works out for you

Back