Cheap HS 142-F Clutch Springs Source?

bakaneko

Local time
10:37 PM
Hey fellow HS riders, does anyone know where I can get cheap clutch springs for the HS 142-F, I am running out soon... These things break so fast. I use to get them from bikeberry for $2 a spring plus shipping, which is just ridiculous. So, I found a China source but the springs are 38mm and not 44mm and has 9 spring coils versus 10 coils. Would it be okay if I use that instead? It is about $0.90 per spring (10 order).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Pad-...ash=item3d15d3d567:g:UtQAAOSwAvJW-o7v&vxp=mtr

http://www.bikeberry.com/engine-kit...t-spring.html#product_tabs_description_tabbed

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So, I went ahead and bought it. I am not sure but perhaps the spring that I checked was unusually long and 44mm is not the standard size. But, 6mm difference is like 1/4 an inch so maybe these would be fine. Also, 9 coils versus the 10 coils can help with lowering the rpm engagement of the centripetal clutch. It is from China so I will get it in 2-4 weeks. Will report back then to see if these works for HS 142-F.

So, I ran out of springs and had to get something quick so I tried getting the cheap clutch pads for pocket bikes from a US seller thinking if I can't use the pad I will just use the springs - I did measure it with an inch ruler... I got the pad today and it fits and runs fine in a small test. I mean compared to the prices from gasbike and bikeberry this seems great ($30 compare to $6 for US seller). The 15 replacement springs from China I ordered for $7 is still on its way...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-stroke-43...ash=item5d65f5bc6b:g:j-gAAOSwYmZXLSFK&vxp=mtr

I mean I am not sure if I am just dense and realizing that this clutch pad works fine too and the springs as well...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Its too bad i can't use it on my tapered shaft...I bought the hd clutch from staton for over $40 after my stock clutch asploded from 2 weeks of hills. Its still great, don't see much problem of late engagement over stock. I'd love to get softer springs just for that extra umph from takeoff, however.

Its too bad i can't use it on my tapered shaft...I bought the hd clutch from staton for over $40 after my stock clutch asploded from 2 weeks of hills. Its still great, don't see much problem of late engagement over stock. I'd love to get softer springs just for that extra umph from takeoff, however.

When I get the 15 shorter springs (4mm) with 9 coils instead of 10, I can give you a set (3) and you can help me test if it is softer if your staton clutch uses them. Of course, the springs will be new and stiff and need some work in but yeah after a while...

Not sure if it'll be compatible...
4137.jpg
Huge difference. Been looking for softer ones that look similar for a bit now.

Not sure if it'll be compatible... View attachment 73018Huge difference. Been looking for softer ones that look similar for a bit now.

Yeah, haha, they are different. Those springs sure look beefy.

I received the 15 springs from China... Just a day after I got the replacement clutch from california :confused:. This is possibly the fastest Ive receive something from China, 7 days. Wow

Back