Tires cheapest 26 x 1.95 tire?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by butterbean, Apr 28, 2012.

1. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

anyone know of a place that sells 26 x 1.95 tires and doesnt charge an arm and a leg for shipping? looking to get two tires for less than 30 bucks including shipping.

2. DeathProof

DeathProof Member

walmart $15.95 a tire (not including rim)

3. butterbean

took a LOT of searching, but finally found that I can get two tires of the size I want on Amazon for about $9 apiece. buy two and the shipping is just under $6, that brings the total to $24.50. must be sales tax on it. The tire is the CyclePro Swiss Army 26 x 1.95 wire blackwall.

4. abikerider

abikerider Member

Do you really want the cheapest tire between you and the road? I buy Bontragers from my local bike shop. $20 each for qualty tires that I can trust not to fail going 30 mph.

5. butterbean

I only have so much money to spend, and the tires are not the only thing I am ordering. I have a taillight that appears to have been possibly an old trailer hitch light made by yamaha which I have finally gotten around to fixing. my wife's brother-in-law gave it to me probably a year ago, but he blew it up trying to find out how many volts it was. 6v light hooked to a 12v battery equals kaput. so I fixed it with a small bulb from a poorly constructed dollar store flashlight and a cross section of aluminum strapping. it will run on a 4 aa battery pack with a switch. so I need to get the battery pack and some batteries, along with the two tires and a self-sealing tube.

6. butterbean

besides, low price doesnt always mean low quality. my front tire is a $10 kenda that I have had for 2 & 1/2 years and has been on two different motorized bikes. it was part of a set, but the other tire got ruined somehow. cant remember anymore.

7. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

i just bought 2 kendas for 11.00 each.tubes included.

8. butterbean

Got a link to those?

9. butterbean

the light that I fixed turned out to be an old yamaha blinker light, either from an H1 or F-Series. I had this thing for almost a year now, and didnt even know what it was. I love parts that have a vintage factor. I am going to use it a a regular taillight for now, but im gonna eventually get a switch I can adapt to my brake lever and use it as a brake light. I have a white flashing light already on the bike that I have been using for a taillight, so I can just use that again once I get a brake light switch.

10. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

the tires came from our local Rona Hardware,i'm thinking it may have been from his old stock before he switched from True Value last year.

11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

OP on amazon spend 25$ shipping is free. Add a nice mirror to your order or?

12. butterbean

you are indeed correct, sir. I checked it out and it seems that with eligible itens, you get free shipping with a purchase of $25 or more. I have several other items I wish to purchase, including a battery pack for. brake light I have been working on. Now that I know I can get free shipping, I may look for a few other things as well. Thank you for the info.