Cheapest eBikes - Complete

DrkAngel

Local time
6:26 AM
eZip Trailz - Excellent "starter" eBike
No where near the quality of the $1000 eBikes!
But!
About $400 for a complete eBike
6 years of USA sales
6 month warranty (usually)

Keep an eye out for "sales"!
I just got a 2013 for $308 ... with free shipping!

Continuously updated price tracking!

Amazon.com

amazon.png

amazon.png

Choose Color : Blue
amazon.png

Amazon eZips

Click on picture

Amazon eZip Trailz

Walmart Prices

Click on picture

Walmart eZip Trailz

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The eZip Trailz is the least expensive complete eBike on the market.
Best of all it makes an excellent eaBike.
It works fine as a normal bike, with a freewheel limiting motor drag ... heavy tho. Higher speed and less drag if you ... 20mph upgrade for $20.

As an eaBike (electric assist bike) it shines. Motor, with pedal assist and quick shifting will let you jump ahead of traffic from any stoplight.

Lazy? EBike function move you along nicely, but battery upgrade recommended, for decent range!

Anything less than a $900 kit will leave you sorely disappointed. I've had a cheap kit before and would never do that again.

The 2013 Trail LS, with simple mods, pushes the performance of the $379 ebike into the realm of eBikes costing 2x to 3x to 5x the price.
20mph 16T upgrade - $20
450w to 675w motor "transfusion" - $45 controller (additional battery or 36V pack - extra)

The 2013 Trail LS, with simple mods, pushes the performance of the $379 ebike into the realm of eBikes costing 2x to 3x to 5x the price.
20mph 16T upgrade - $20
450w to 675w motor "transfusion" - $45 controller (additional battery or 36V pack - extra)

What is the cost of the additional battery or 36V pack?

If your going to do a cost analysis, be honest with yourself and at least post a range of prices. $379(Bike) + $20.00(sprocket) + $45(controller) = $444.00. That doesn't include the additional battery or 36V pack.

I bet you could buy a quality 36V hub motor, a GNG or Cyclone mid drive system for a few hundred more and have a better setup. Just buy a used Diamond mountain bike on Craigslist if you don't have a bike.

When people ask me about buying a road bike, I suggest they don't buy the cheapest, but at least buy the next level up. You only get what you pay for. Save your money for a few more months and buy a quality product.

Your entitled to spend your money the way you choose,

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

What is the cost of the additional battery or 36V pack?
3rd 12V 10Ah SLA might cost $25, or whatever you care to pay for any type 36V pack you want.

I bet you could buy a quality 36V hub motor, a GNG or Cyclone mid drive system for a few hundred more ...
Chris
AKA: BigBlue
But then, with hub motors, you lose the possibility of simple re-gearing for more speed or torque.

Most importantly you seem to miss the sole purpose of this thread. ....
A complete, fully functional, eBike for the cheapest price!

Not ... double the price for an add on kit!

Last edited:
Budget eTrike Build

Just got an email about a great price on the Schwinn Meredian Adult Trike.
$200.55, shipping included!
Sale lasted about 8 hours, was lucky to spot it.
amazon.png

Add a front hub motor?
Or, as I intend, rig a Currie gear reduction motor to the drivetrain, add a controller and throttle , then hang a pair of 35Ah SLAs below the rear axle.

A long range mobility, cargo, transportation device for under $500!

Don't kid yourself about the range. Only the most expensive e-bikes are "long range". Shoot, I had a 48v setup and I had to recharge it once I got to work which was only 3 miles away!

eTrike w/35Ah Battery Pack

Don't kid yourself about the range. Only the most expensive e-bikes are "long range". Shoot, I had a 48v setup and I had to recharge it once I got to work which was only 3 miles away!
?
35Ah battery pack should give 30 - 40 mile range!
With a safe eTrike speed of 12-15mph ... possibly 50 miles?

Last edited:
Back