Cheapest kit available?

Well, I don't have much else to be spending money on. My life is simple :D

Plus, I am tired of people buying these bikes, riding them hard and breaking them and saying its my fault (I sell bikes) because I didn't break them in (which I charge to do and everyone opts out). So, I've already been threatened that I would be sued (lol) if I didn't replace parts, so just in case this is the testing.

Although the kits vary from vendor to vendor for your purpose you don't really need the "kit" Why don't you look at the Motor Only options. That will save you some bucks. This won't work for the grubee that attaches the carb directly to the motor, but in general should work. You could even get away with just mounting the motor on a frame and running it gently or not.

Like I said, money is not a huge issue as this is a business investment (and hopefully will pay off in court). I believe I have found a vendor thats local that sells kits at half the price of most vendors (plus he's local)

"...and hopefully will pay off in court..."

You'll have to let us in on that ome. As an MBer and lawyer...I am intrigued.

Well, I sold a few bikes to people around where I live, and they didn't "break them in," but I did explain the other pros on these motors say to break them in, and I explained to them my point of view, but still told them to break it in just in case. Well, they engines seized up (due to lack of oil), and they say it is because I didn't break it in, and are threatening to sue because they got injured after the engine died. I already know I'm not liable, but this is just for the judge/jury to see.

you are supposed to break in all internal combustion engines... on account of all the moving parts and metal to metal contact. This is especially true if you are going to increase the load and overall work the engine will do over its life ie... using a motor engineered to propell a small line of wire around in a circle to propell a 200 lb. man up a hill.

Just my 2 cents.

many people talk about sueing
that don't even have a clue what's involved

#1 -- most lawyers are going to want up front money to sue anybody
unless it's a cut and dry case
this does not sound to be cut and dry

regarding break in periods
has anyone ever bought a new car or a quality motor cycle
that does not say in the booklet to break it in slow for so many miles
I have always been told to break in new engines

MM

You buy a brand new 4 wheeler and dont break it in you will trash the motor within a week.Do atv dealers get sued? Nope...So I dont think anyone selling motor bikes is gunna get sued either. And as far as i am concerned once you sold the motor it aint your problem as long as you told the truth.

Back