Check out my boss's Harley with Briggs power

Smallblock

Local time
3:23 PM
It's a 1956 or 57 Harley hummer 165cc. He bought it almost perfectly restored to original,but after riding it about 2 weeks he though the 2 stroke was just too underpowered.
The solution...
A 16 horse Briggs Vangaurd.
Don't be alarmed though. He didn't butcher the bike any at all. He modified a spare junk frame to fit the Briggs and used all the restored parts on that.
The bike can be put back to 100% Harley in a weekend since he kept the stock frame and engine.

Attachments

• PIC-0014.jpg
    PIC-0014.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 3,375
  • PIC-0015 - Copy.jpg
    PIC-0015 - Copy.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 4,091
BRO THATS SWEET iT'S SO FUNNY HOW people have the same idea I looked into that B & S 17 hp v twin motor putting it on the old harley was perfect great job I'm having more fun with these bikes than my harley differance is 40k to bulid a custom harley or 2-4k to build a custom replica Indian or harley which most people can afford to do check out my bike

can't believe how nice that engine looks in that Harley thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like it was just ------------ made for that thing !!!!!!!!!

now that's truly (((((one sweet two wheel with motor))))) ride

as we say when we see one -- ride that thing

Tell your boss that I had considered getting a Harley Hummer but was afraid that finding parts to keep the gearbox working would be too difficult.
Stuffing in a Briggs, Kohler or other v-twin looks like the perfect solution.

he took the week off to take it to the scooter show in portland indiana and sold it. He'll probably come back with something else.

I've been thinming about a Harley Hummer for some time...and the frames come up for sale at decent prices fairly often....I don't mind being unoriginal when the first guy with the idea did such a nice job.

I come back to this thread over and over to look at the Vanguard Hummer.
It looks like you might be able to build one of these for about the same money
as an upscale Vespa 150 with the same level of performance.
If so, it's no contest.

Tell your boss that I had considered getting a Harley Hummer but was afraid that finding parts to keep the gearbox working would be too difficult.
Stuffing in a Briggs, Kohler or other v-twin looks like the perfect solution.

Here is a good source for Hummer, Sprint, and Harley/ Aermacchi parts.
If he can't get it himself, he can probibly tell you where you can.
http://www.freewebs.com/charlestoncustomcycle/

Back