chinese engines reliable?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Lucius, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Lucius

Lucius Guest

I was just wondering how reliable these engines are as I have had many a bad experience with chinese stuff, what kinds of thing break on these engines and how long does it take for things to break are parts easy to come by? and lastly who on earth ships to england????? i need to know. for me its between a motored bike and a goped, what do yall think? thanxx

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008

2. elwood

elwood Guest

hey, im from england, i havent found a company that ships to england yet but i bought my kit from a guy on here, its reliable so far, no major problems, a few teething problems but nothing i couldnt fix, however i did break the gearbox, but that was my own fault,

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I assume that was from the sawdust you put in it? :wink:

4. mark2yahu

mark2yahu Member

Someone knowledgeable about engines would fare better with a Chinese engine than another person who knows little and thrashes machinery. A good break-in, careful attention to maintenance, and not pushing the motor to the edge is key*

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

it is wal-mart quality

6. BSA

BSA Guest

Well, it certainly leaves much to be desired. But if you are careful you can get many thousands of miles.

BSA

7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

If , on your budget, you can afford a better kit, I would get something other than a Chinese kit, for durability && dependability !

8. mark
    Has some great points.

BlueCollarBob

9. Also from England, hello fellow britts! :smile:

if you eBay "bicycle engine kit" it comes up with a seller who ships to england.

50cc - £95
    60cc - £100
    80cc - £110

these include postage and are the "bidding" items, although no one out bid me on the 50cc engine, only outbids on the 80cc. He also sells a 4 stroke kit, which is about £200.

Best i could find to UK! and the shipping wasnt bad arrived in a week!

Have yet to install mine, but from reading the forum, if you follow all the steps that these experienced members are talking about then theres no reason that you couldnt get a lifetime on these engines! As long as you don't abuse them!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015