chinese engines reliable?

L

Lucius

I was just wondering how reliable these engines are as I have had many a bad experience with chinese stuff, what kinds of thing break on these engines and how long does it take for things to break are parts easy to come by? and lastly who on earth ships to england????? i need to know. for me its between a motored bike and a goped, what do yall think? thanxx

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
hey, im from england, i havent found a company that ships to england yet but i bought my kit from a guy on here, its reliable so far, no major problems, a few teething problems but nothing i couldnt fix, however i did break the gearbox, but that was my own fault,

Someone knowledgeable about engines would fare better with a Chinese engine than another person who knows little and thrashes machinery. A good break-in, careful attention to maintenance, and not pushing the motor to the edge is key*

Well, it certainly leaves much to be desired. But if you are careful you can get many thousands of miles.

BSA

If , on your budget, you can afford a better kit, I would get something other than a Chinese kit, for durability && dependability !

Someone knowledgeable about engines would fare better with a Chinese engine than another person who knows little and thrashes machinery. A good break-in, careful attention to maintenance, and not pushing the motor to the edge is key*

mark
Has some great points.

BlueCollarBob

Back