Break In Chinese Motor seized. [ break in speed - oil mixture ]

here's your lagest part to cause it to fail.....

3] Riding 3 hours a day at max revs.

you MUST fallow all the break in procedures to have your motor preform the way its made to.Now if this was a type o on your part, then send it back asap but if this is true dont make the seller pay for your mistake.....Loco

i would never run 50:1 in anything, i use 40:1 in weedwackers and blowers and thats it, 50:1 just isnt enough, and with that constant running with such little oil, thats just askin for trouble...

jon

All the Tanaka 2 strokes are run at 50 to 1 from the get-go. :cool:

Let us know how this shakes out OP.

MB.edit Apples versus oranges comparisons may confuse MB's growing international readership, 50:1 is for more expensive, higher compression engines ONLY, and is in a NON Metrical unit.

50:1 is what caused your new engine to sieze. These engines should be run 16:1 when new (for about 150 miles about 2 tankfulls) and then switched to 20-25:1 oil ratio.

These engines will run at full throttle ALL DAY long one broken in. However, when new you must vary engine rpm and load for a couple of tanks to seat the rings and get everything else inside the engine mated properly.

So, when engine is new use 8 oz of oil (2 stroke aircooled oil) per gallon of gas. After engine is broken in you can decrease oil to 5.5 oz per gallon. Also, for added protection you may want to replace about 2-3 oz of the two stroke with degummed castor oil or buy a two stroke oil that contains caster in a 20-25% ratio to synthetic oil. Castor will help prevent oil breakdown since it can tolerate temperatures twice as high as straight synthetic.

Now go buy yourself a new engine and keep the old one for spare parts.

new engine

well he offered me a new engine at a discounted price.

But I put in the amount of oil he told me.. Im a bit confussed on the ratio.. This is how i did it:

50:1 50mls of Oil to 1 litre. Therefore 100mls to 2 litre of fuel.

How much oil should i put in for 2 litres of fuel??

Also. I use my bike as transport. It revs out at 42km/ph (about 23mp/h) thats pretyt damn slow. If im not to rev it out i gotta sit on 30km/h (18mp/h) that would s*ck.

So im getting a smaller sprocket this time. hopefully i can keep the speed up without keeping the revs up.

I dont beleive you dont know that cruising on max revs day in day out will wreck the engine.

It would wreck any engine, for that matter.

Follow the instructions your supplier gave you. AFAIK the ratio should be 20:1 for a new engine and then when broken in 50:1.

max revs

well it did cross my mind that it would f*** it.
but i was hoping to get more time out of it. I was always in the process of getting a smaller sprocket. And traveling around 40kms a day at 30km/h didnt really interest me.

Ive learnt now.

Impatients = f*** motor.

then I suguest you buy a motorcycle,you can't push the bike motors like that..not just out the box stock,.
I for one love the little motors out of China, and understand that I'm going to have to maintain them with alot of tlc,time and bloody hands but the outcome if worth it to me .
if you wont care for them the way you need to then dont bash them!

50:1 ratio is fuel to oil ratio

2 liters is same as 2000 ml of fuel

Therefore 2000ml of fuel will require 2000/50 ml of oil which is exactly 40ml. I personally would add 50ml of oil to each 2 liters of fuel when new.

Back