Chinese SSR 50 4 stroke

Barry

Local time
6:36 PM
Hello out there!

Anyone have any data on this: http://tboltusa.com/store/50cc-moped-engine-pedals-pr-1301.html I've surf'ed the net for three hours and came up with very little. Even with a price tag of $300, if you got a 2 speed gear box and built in pedals, seems like it would be worth a try. Matter of fact, I've got an OCC Schwinn copper frame hanging on my workshop wall in need of something like this.

Tanks
Barry

Hi Barry, what I don't see in that pic is the carb and manifold, coil, wires.
I recall that these do not come with some of these engines and I did not see them listed as an option on that site.
Really, that motor would be nice but what about the missing parts?

Hey Professor!
Thanks for the come-back.. Yes, the $299 gets you everything, carb, ignition, etc. However, when I got home last night and took a ruler to the OCC Schwinn frame, this SSR is a non-starter. Total length of the SSR is 18" and I only have 11" to play with on the OCC. I have four builds under my belt and swore that I'd NEVER do a 2 stroke but, that seems to be the only option available to me on the OCC withour MAJOR surgury to that frame.
Thanks Again
Barry

That engine will require skills (welding, etc) to mount in an OCC chopper. Looks like it would likely bolt directly into a hardknock kikker bobber or other small motorbike that comes with a clone of a Honda horizontal engine. There are a lot of them like four stroke pocket rockets and Chinese Honda CT 70 replicas.

Back