Choice for first build

topps

Local time
11:56 PM
hiland eclipse 26'' mountainbike at walmart $199
My limit is $250. This is the my first build using flaming horse 66cc engine kit. Prefer front suspensoin mountain bike and rack mounts would be bonus.

Do you mean that your budget for bike and engine is $250? It can be done just barely.
But even then miscellaneous hardware, upgrades, add-ons, etc., will take your cost up to $350.

You might consider a $100 beach cruiser. The Huffy models have 12 gauge spokes. A big, big plus. It doesn't have front suspension. And you're right in wanting that. But it can always be added later Cost is variable, but it can be done cheap.

I'm actually not sure if you were asking us for opinions on that Hiland bike or not. I'm not familiar with it, in any case. But feel free to write back here with more detail of what you're looking for.

The bottom brackit is too small for the frame. Any ideas to make this fit? Thanks

2lbkv1z.jpg

Most kits come with a front adaptor plate & a U-bolt....if this one didn't a trip to a hardware is in order...

Many internet bike engine vendors sell an oversize front engine mount that fit the fat frames. Can find them on EBay too. You can make one from a muffler clamp or u-bolt from the Hware store like dougsr.874 said.

Here's the finished bike. The bar that the chain tensioner attaches to is at an angle, so having it on takes the chain out of alignment.
Snapshot_20131111.JPG

Back