Choke half on to allow full throttle!!! Help!!!

Huotalicus

Local time
1:29 AM
hey guys...just wanna say that the magneto coil is most probably the cause of your bike not starting..... even if you have spark if its not strong enough your bike wont fire!@!!!.......... I WAS GOBSMACKED FOR 3 MONTHS....CHANGED CDI, SPARK PLUG BOOT....MAGNETO, BUT DIDNT MAKE SURE IT WORKED...TIL 10TH TIME TROUBLESHOOTING AND BOUGHT A NEW MAGNETO ....BAM FIRED UP AND SO SMOOTH EVER SINCE!!!!

NOW TO MY PROBEM
ever since i changed carburettors on my ride , becuz my first ride cam e back to life thanks to a magneto!!yay!1 baby!! .....i have been swapping performance parts over...then once i put the carby onto my other ride it wouldnt takeoff ...so i pulled the choke and then it went...i know now only that i need half choke for it to be ride smoothly without it actually choking....

WEHAT DOES THIS MEAN??
AIR LEAK?
TOO RICH?
TOO LEAN?
AIR FILTER TOO DIRTY??
CARBY DIRTY?
ALL THE ABOVE??

ILL TAKE THE CARBY APART TOM AND

GET TO IT.....

any advice would really help!! pls guys im troubled again argh!!
111 these engines are sturdy and last along time..... i know now and have proof for i thought i blew my ride but amazingly was only the coil magneto!!!! CAREFUL WITH THESE !!! KEEP THEM DRY AND OUT OF MOISTURE....TIE OFF ENDS AND SHRINK WRAP OR DUCK TAPE IT ALL!!!CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!! ITS A NO 1 CAUSE OF ENGINE FAILURE...AND PPL DONT REALISE A SPARK ISNT NECCESSARIY STRONG ENOUGH....

way too lean

most likely an air leak to get it that lean, but check float level & jets in carb too, and check that fuel runs well from tank to carb

check head gasket for oily residue around it in case it is leaking

whats a choke do?

adds fuel.

it starts and runs only with choke?

must need more fuel... simple.

the question is...why does it need more fuel?

Back