choke me

crowvise

Local time
6:41 AM
Any ideas as to why my engine only wants to start w/ choke open(down) and refuses to start w/ choke closed(up)?

Last edited:
That's normal. My method is one attempt at full choke to 'prime' the engine, (it'll fire but not run), then a second attempt with no choke and it starts instantly.

you usually do not need to use the choke at all in warm weather. I never use the choke an either of muy bikes...the always start right up without using the choke.

No choke here either, unless maybe half during freezing weather. If it will start without choking it, what's the problem. Years ago automobile engines had a mechanical choke, very seldom I HAD to use it.

I didn't need the choke at all when I was starting mine in the traditional way, with 'bump'-starting, but now that I have the shift kit and kick-start on the centre-stand, I find that the choke on/choke off method works best.
With kick-starting, it's hard to get the engine to fire and keep running in one kick.

thanks all. Just wondered if there was something wrong. So many things were wrong and went wrong w/ my kit.
****ed clutch problem could've been solved in 3 hours instead of a weekend if I didn't have only virgin mobile cell internet. Takes forever to find AND load. Also can't post/access my accounts.
Broken carb now. Ordered one from pirate psycles

Back