Chopper in a box, new project

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cory, Oct 25, 2008.

1. cory

cory Guest

Ok Guys its been a while but Im back. Built a bike called monster whizzer last spring and Im happy to say the thing runs perfect. I have had no problems at all. Anyway, found an interesting buy on craigs list the other day close to home. Found a Triumph chopper frame and an 81 xs650 Yamaha motor, also 5 boxes of chopper parts. This thing is low and nasty with tons of serious potential. Have checked all the electrical and the motor has good compression. Have purchased tank, 1" bars, shorter risers, and waiting for rear fender. Sandblasted frame and am in the process of grinding off all the mounting tabs. Have listed a pic of the bike I would like to emulate.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008

2. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

One problem with that's yours, not mine.

Looks like an incredible blast!
  3. cory

cory Guest

Lots of cheap half done projects to be found

Ok here is the kicker, all for $600.00.
  4. cory

cory Guest

Yama chopper

New risers and 1" bars fit fantastic!!!

Attached Files:

5. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Loving it! Keep us updated.
  6. xPosTech

xPosTech Member

Great score.

Those are usually referred to as being in a "basket", rather than "box". Lots of great choppers built from "basket cases". Mostly from guys who took 'em apart then lost interest.

But we don't do that, do we? :cool:

7. cory

cory Guest

Sorry, basket case

Last basket case

Attached Files:

RATRODER Guest

Now that is one sweet K model. louis
  9. cory

cory Guest

1955 k model

Hey you know your bikes!!! Ya, to bad she marked her spot when ever parked and smoked like Betty Davis. Other than that I enjoyed the experience of re-wiring and bolting on the bling. This next Frankenchopper demands a tittle more sweat and thought. Thanks for the ata boy, guna need it!
  10. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Love the flatty!