Chopper Sting-Ray Bicycle MPH

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by spartanwrest1er, May 24, 2008.

1. spartanwrest1er

spartanwrest1er New Member

Im looking into buying a chopper bicycle, and equiping it with a motor...
    I was just wondering if the ones of you that have one could tell me the MPH your getting off yours, and the make of your motor...

2. Alanh

Alanh New Member

I don't know if this is the same Stingray model you are talking about, but here is a picture of what I started with and what it is now. It will run 40 pretty easily but I don't exactly feel safe at that speed. It all depends on the gearing. I usually run around 20 /25 mph.

Attached Files:

3. ironwarlock

ironwarlock Guest

Here is a sting-ray spoiler. I'm 240 pounds and it runs 30 on the flats wide open and has good hill climb ability. Mitsubishi TLE-43 43cc 2.20 hp belt drive. Great little motor. Dimension edge sells a friction kit for this bike i believe.

Attached Files:

4. spartanwrest1er

spartanwrest1er New Member

Where did you guys purchase your spoiler bikes from?

Has anyone used a chopper kit like from livefast or dax on a spoiler and been able to make it work with the motor mount etc..?

Also, anyone know who sells those OCC Choppers XL's these days?
  5. ironwarlock

ironwarlock Guest

I cant find an XL anywhere. You can get a spoiler off ebay for around $400 on a good day. They are try'n to sell spoilers for 800 over there. You can pick up a greenline or kustom kruiser cheaper. Great stretched out steel frames.

Here are pics of Kustom Kruiser and Greenline

Attached Files:

6. zipdrivex

zipdrivex Member

I've got the Stingray Spoiler and I do 40+ mph easily with the Dimension Edge friction drive kit. Plus I didn't have to ruin the look of the bike putting the motor on like all the other spoiler kits I've seen.
  7. i get mine to do a good 50 without pushing it its got a chinese pocketbike motor and has enough power for taller gearing. i have the motored one made. problem with the spoiler series is that the frame is aluminum and after a few years will brake at those speeds