Chopper

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by blackmarkus, Jul 28, 2008.

1. blackmarkus

blackmarkus Member

well here is a better shot of my bike , it still needs another trip to the fabricator and paint shop.

Attached Files:

2. looks great! That orange is eye catching!

3. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Very, very nice indeed. Am I correct in seeing a twin tube exhaust using the frame tubes? Awesomely clean design!

*Second look, I see that I am not r thats the rear hanger rod, then? Still, beautiful work.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  4. Matt_b

Matt_b New Member

This is screaming for a sickbikeparts shifter kit. I just ordered the kit but still dont have motor or bike to put it on(guess my Q built whizzer will have to sufice for now) but I want ot put it on one of this choppers because of the disc brakes and internal gear hubs. But you have to weld in a bar like that to really make it work right.

5. Awesome build. Looks great!

6. GTscoob

GTscoob New Member

What kinda frame is that? My friend sitting next to me just fell in love with it and wants to build a bike around it.

7. blackmarkus

blackmarkus Member

Micargi Classic 26

it has taken a long time and many modifications to get it to that stage. I also have a beautiful custom exhaust but it's away getting a baffle made for it. As far as the Sick Bike Parts shifter kit goes , I think it is fast enough as is.:shock:
    I'm looking for paint suggestions ,I'm thinking pantone neon green 802c ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  8. TWalker

TWalker Guest

Very nice. I just built a similar chopper using fabbed brackets but the vibration is so bad I think I will have to weld a tube like you did and repaint especially since it will have a shifter kit.

9. BigFella

BigFella Member

wow thats coooooooooool,

10. motoschwinn

motoschwinn Guest

Like It!

I just wanna say I like your signature message at the bottom. I think a few of these guys might have been hall monitors when they were kids or something!

11. blackmarkus

blackmarkus Member

Finished

The Praying Mantis

Attached Files:

12. TWalker

TWalker Guest

How do you do an exhaust pipe like that?

13. Ruggs

Ruggs New Member

wow! Nice Bike

14. blackmarkus

blackmarkus Member

Thanks.

The pipe was made by a friend who fabricates stainless steel rails for boats. He is quite talented .It is very noisey ,it pretty much a straight through pipe. I will go and take some better pics and start a new thread :praying Mantis Chopper

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  15. bicycle ron

bicycle ron Member

Chopper Bike

Hey Blackmarkus, is that a Phat Cycle? I have been looking at they're Stretch Dulux on the web, but I have'nt actually seen one? Here's a pic of my stretch chopper:

Attached Files:

16. blackmarkus

blackmarkus Member

17. bicycle ron

bicycle ron Member

Micargi Mustang GTS

OK. I missed that. I had a couple of Micargi Mustangs, but not a classic!

Attached Files: