chrome plated cylinder and steel lined one

Oh

Yes, Roller Tensioner, and a 44 tooth. I opted for the chrome lined Big Port 66s this order but next order I will be ordering the 49cc Steel Jugged Kits as I have a buisness and have to keep under laws where they are harder. and to try them without reprocusion. I indeed have tried the 36cc with steel lined and a centrifugal(special order) It did just fine. Pulled me up my big hill..Heck of a power band. But the 49cc'er will be in early March. I do have the Big Port 66cc'ers on the way. Pick up is Early Feb before the 8th. I guess these are mosters. You can put the big Carb and tuned exhaust on these as the lower end is built with the good Mains.

Just to chime in with my two cents.
If you think about the metals involved, the piston has steel rings riding up and down on steel sleeve or on a chrome plated cylinder, the steel is going to give you longer life and longer sustaining compression. One wrong mix of fuel and so long chrome cylinder, the steel is just more forgiving.

I have attached some photos of some new cylinders I hope they will help.

Bill

at least I hope they attached :eek:

Attachments

• DSC05213.JPG
    DSC05213.JPG
    217.2 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC05214.JPG
    DSC05214.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC05216.JPG
    DSC05216.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC05217.JPG
    DSC05217.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC05215.JPG
    DSC05215.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 409
  • DSC05219.JPG
    DSC05219.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 394
Nicasil and Chrome Rings

The way around Steel Sleeving is to simply Chrome the bore but there are Possible situations like chrome on chrome. Chrome rings are popular but usually used in a Nicasil or Steel Sleeve. Chrome on chrome can cause Ring sticking Broken Rings will soon be the outcome.. Yamaha was the pioneer of Chroming sleeves, as far as I actually don't know but they ran into this if not,
Is chrome on chrome they Could under certain situations stick and bust a ring.
Steel sleeve allows any ring material.

What Size and Material are the Jugs WJ Cleveland? Is it a long stroke 66? Looks like a New Hone Job on one.

Last edited by a moderator:
36cc? Thats pretty cool, would be good in Aus where our silly power limits are a problem... Especially with a cent clutch and rear freewheel...

Kind of a different lil' Monster.

Heres a pic. Oh some of the Distributers that have round heads are able to order these or have them from before the China 2 stroke Stipulated Ban. There is some here and available. You may contact Liveastmotors or Dennis of Grubee. They both have some of the older kit stuff theyve been sitting on.

I do beleive the stroke on the 36 is shorter than the 48 which is shorter than the other 3 : 55 , 60, and 66cc but the bore might be the same on the 36or 38 and the 48.

This picture is one I worked on but had later been bought back.I was first told it was a 49 then by the old boy who bought it was smaller like 36

Attachments

• Fugitive Pro Magna.jpg
    Fugitive Pro Magna.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 387
I currently have just under 800 Grubee engines in stock, we are one of his World Distributors, we also sell new parts; the pictures I submitted were from new stock.

As a vendor I try to comply with the rules by not mentioning things like You can check out out product at http://www.USABikeMotors.com.

One of the holdups in China Gas engines being released to the US was getting them US/Canada EPA approved, they are all approved and now in stock.

Bill

Model 2 - HD Axle kit with solid hub for pedal start for 5000 dollars?
What Happened to the HD It says on your site that the HD Rear axel Sprocket adapter did'nt work out so the kits will be coming as Through Spoke Sprocket Mounting?
Does this mean your till selling them and that Your Selling all of them. If this was a plug Itold them since I did'nt yet have a Vendor Permission could we move it when I do. As I have a Buisiness License. Ill have to talk to Tom and see If I can Still Do that. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the long delay in response, been working on a trike;
We have the HD Axle kit but have uncovered an issue in the threads, we found the threads do not match SAE or Metric, what was uncovered is they seem to be French design (maybe) waiting on a sprocket to be delivered. Still learning the web software determined the quickest way to discourage anyone from ordering them was to bump the price to 5k ea. You can now see I have changed the qty to 0 and corrected the price.

Bill

Wow...that new jug sounds pretty sweet....Any idea on the power increase one can expect from that along with the revised/latge intake system?

Just curious but any idea on why the Super Rat expansion chambers are so hard to come by?...I have seen pics of them for years so they are being made already just not imported to the USA....Any idea on rough prices for these?

Interesting stuff just around the corner!

Andrew

PS - Maybe some beefier / higher quality bearings sometime in the future to make all that extra power last?

I had a Grubee Super rat GT5 engine (it had a steel lined sleeve) with larger ports. (Ran well) Very few imported. I also had the super rat expansion chamber. The big problem with pipe is, it had had hooped forward so far it wouldn't fit on most bikes. Unless the fork was raked way out it wouldn't fit. I am pretty sure thats why the grubee expansion chambers where so rare. Thanks, Dan

Back