Closing the shop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Big Red, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Today I am working on my last customer bike for a while. I dont really want to, but I gotta close Fatdaddy's MotoPeds untill I get a little healthier. I'm hopeing this is temporary. Working on and riding Motorized bikes is the only thing that I've found this much enjoyment doing in a long time. I will still be available for advice and there are a few old customers that I let actually work IN my shop, VERY FEW. and that wont change. But after three heart attacks and a stroke, I just dont have the strength to do a build in a day like I used to. It's like they say, Those who cant DO, TEACH. So for now thats what I'm going to do, Teach Those that can LEARN, To work on their own bikes. I'll also still be doing whatever it is I do on the forum. I hope I've been of some help during my time here. I plan to continue doing so, I'll see what the future brings for me,
    SO, After almost six years, Fatdaddy's MotoPeds is closing. It was difficult decision and I feel like stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum like a little kid,(NO, NO.NO,) but it's something I gotta do. for the sake of my health.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Big Red.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Well this is sad news. And best wishes for the speediest recovery.

Can you still ride? That's surely make it a bit better.

And I suppose you can still have a bit of fun sipping on something cool and advising those few customers who you'll let in your shop.

3. CanadaGlass

CanadaGlass New Member

Keeping a shingle hanging is hard work, and it isn't the end goal anyway...

4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Good luck Red, your health is more important then anything. You can still contribute here where help is always needed...............any deals on any 4 strokes laying around you won't use?

5. Stoltzee

Stoltzee Member

Sorry to hear about your health Red. Please take care of yourself.

6. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

hey darwin, a guy I built a hue sheng recumbent for went with the predator engine. I'll ask what he's doin with the 49cc H.S.All I have myself is a lot of old HT crap. Cases and such. I've got One rebuilt 80cc left I'm gonna put together for myself, perhaps to sell. But THAT I can take my time, No customer crying, IS IT DONE YET?

7. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Yeah, and I like telling people what to do, I AM the boss in MY shop. If I'm sippin on a cold one at the time, even better. I still ride a little. just a little wobbly starting it. after it's running, I'm cool.

8. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

hang in there, modern med is getting better all the time

just finished third build after taking a year off building and was just doing small repair jobs when I felt up to it due to health issues - feeling a bit better each week now

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the HS 49cc, what shaft, tapered or straight? Does it come with a clutch?

10. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

letting people use your workshop? wow... that alone takes guts :)

they better be aware of how privileged they are!

(maybe you could just be manager and enslave them? :jester:)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Red rent your shop out, depending on conditions 300$+ a month cash flow has to be better than sitting vacant.

12. Bill555

Bill555 Member

Hang in there Red. There are a lot of good products out there to repair the body. I won't mention any names so I won't get flagged as spam. But I'll just say to look into how some of the alternative media platforms are funded these days. You could also ask Michael Badnarik how he recovered form his heart attack. He was in bad shape in 2009.

13. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

:
    Best idea Yet., The ACLU can suck eggs.biggrinjester:[

14. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Hey darwin, He's got two of them, I want one, so since you asked first, you have first shot. He wants $60 for it with tranny, Running when he pulled it off. You pay shipping also of course, whatever that's gonna be.
    OOS< SORRY BRO. I just called him back, and he said he's only gonna have ONE for sale. NOW,I ASKED him, YA GOT TWO, RIGHT?
    HE said yeah, he's replacing one with a pretator and building a new bike with the other predator, SO, SORRY BRO,THE guy is sometimes confusing to talk to. He has dollars and no "cents?" (SENCE).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Red it's your deal you get 1st crack in my book, if you say no what shapes the motor in, miles/hrs, does he abuse stuff? Straight shaft or beveled? Thanks for looking out.

16. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Sorry Bro,Ya KNOW I'm gonna jump on that one. It's already in my shop. I think it's going on a worksman trike build I'm doing for a friend.