Clutch and chain installation !

Eric Holmes

Local time
5:51 PM
Hello purchased a 2 stroke engine kit 80/66 black jet .Question how do I hook up clutch cable with springs to clutch arm.How do I install the new chain I all ready removed master link. Thank you :cool:

pass the clutch cable through the clutch cable port on engine then after put the spring included on the cable and push it towards the port till snug. Last put the small lock and screw it tight after passing cable threw the clutch arm. adjust the lock for the correct firmness of the spring.

as for the chain u will remove the three screws on the small sproket cover which is attached to the clutch arm.then feed the chain on to the sproket. link the chain together if not attached already and install the master link lastly.

It helps to have the spark plug out during chain installation. The spark plug wrench fits over the nut on the output sprocket, you can put that on there and spin it to feed the chain through once one link is on the sprocket. You don't really need to do it that way, but it makes it a bit easier.

Back