Clutch arm or pad that needs replacing? General wear and tear

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by bakaneko, Mar 8, 2016.

1. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Hello. It seems I need to do the normal? parts replacement after 1500 miles on my bike. I had to tighten the clutch cable repeatedly over the bike's life and now it is at its end of line of line tightening (no more room). Is this due to the clutch arm being worn out or the clutch pad? I think it is the clutch arm, the part that interacts with the drive sprocket small rod is worn. But, I dunno.

Also, this is like the 3rd time I had to repair a teared chain link... What are your folks thoughts on X miles before Y and Z needs to be replaced?

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

have you been putting a huge glop of grease on that bucking bar every couple weeks? that will keep it from wearing out the cam on the clutch arm
  3. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

No, I haven't touched it. :( So, do you think it is the clutch arm? I am gonna get a new bike and move the engine so I will put grease on everything before I fire her up after the migration.
  4. Timbone

Timbone Active Member

If the bucking bar has worn a groove into the clutch cam, you can grind it smooth and add a bit of roundness and it will be as good as new.
  5. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Thanks for the tip. Other problem is my clutch cable is frayed bad. So, I created a transmission out of a metal bar and some items laying around. It works! LOL, 2 speeds go and neutral.