clutch arm wont go all the way down

I think that looks like a ball- if they know it's going to block the cylinder why do they put it there in the first place- how do I get it out please?
ball bearing inside sprocket.jpg

I put the cover on and do it up and it pulls in the littel bar in

I've just tried that and it works the metal is all the way in. The trouble is the force rquired to move the clutch cover is now immense. pulling the the clutch lever does nothing now

yes you need a ball , but i was saying maybe a chinaman dropped 2 in while drowsy? they do work long hours .

I hade one bar that the ends where pushed out not round so I filed it and the bar did not get stuck any more

I hade one bar that the ends where pushed out not round so I filed it and the bar did not get stuck any more
sounds to me like it was never hardened , i've seen a few mushroom and destroy the inside of the clutch shaft and the actuator cover , but in all cases there was minimal if any grease in there. i tend to put too much in the excess will be forced out or even better forced in to lube your clutch shaft spring.

This thing is a lot simpler and a lot cheaper to work on than any motorcycle or scooter.
Motorcyles just scale up from the way these bikes work, including that little ball.
Motorcycles have them too. Only they cost much more.

What you learn from your curses on these bikes will stick with you for life.

Steve

Was a three man job dragged two of my housemates out of bed :p . One to push the clutch lever arm hard towards the right side. One to pull the cable because the spring wasn't taught enough and one to to screw on to stop slipping. Beautiful. I tightened the flower nut just right till I could hear the piston go "floomp floomp floomp" when engine engaged and the small cog moving; and when disengaged the small cog stopped spinning the clutch cover was pushed out and no more piston sound or difficult to wheel. Time to put spark plug in at last and test out :)

Back