clutch arm wont go all the way down

Was a three man job dragged two of my housemates out of bed :p . One to push the clutch lever arm hard towards the right side. One to pull the cable because the spring wasn't taught enough and one to to screw on to stop slipping. Beautiful. I tightened the flower nut just right till I could hear the piston go "floomp floomp floomp" when engine engaged and the small cog moving; and when disengaged the small cog stopped spinning the clutch cover was pushed out and no more piston sound or difficult to wheel. Time to put spark plug in at last and test out :)
wow three people haha well at least its done now.

Oh no... it's struggling again- I opened up the right gear side again and it's fine when disengaged but when engaged the gears seriously struggle to slide over each other- am I supposed to put some kind of lubricant over them like 2 stroke motorcycle oil?

Ah ok I hope that's the case- I read in another thread that "thick grease" should be be put on them- where can I find that please?

Any car shop Evon hard wear shops . You might be better off with no lube for a short time to help wear it in faster

someone once suggested (possibly jag) to put a small amount of grinding paste on the small cog for a while then wipe clean and grease as normal , never tried but it sounds like could be a good fix , you can get grease anywhere coops , agri supplies, motor factors ,diy or even your local chipper! but i never purchased grinding paste could be expensive?

Alright for the first 20k I'll use no lube.
I'm looking at the instructions and it says the first 500km the fuel ratio should be 16:1
petrol:2 stroke oil.
Really? Would everyone hear just say to follow the instruction booklet? Someone here said 32:1 ...

Alright for the first 20k I'll use no lube.
I'm looking at the instructions and it says the first 500km the fuel ratio should be 16:1
petrol:2 stroke oil.
Really? Would everyone hear just say to follow the instruction booklet? Someone here said 32:1 ...
depends what oil you have really but not 16:1 . its too much try 20:1 for first litre if its normal mineral oil and adjust accordingly.

Back