Clutch difficulties

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by alex, Jun 23, 2008.

1. alex

alex Guest

Ok, so I tried searching, and I know this has proabably been covered, but I have an 80cc kings engine with close to 4,000 miles on it, and just recently the clutch has started to slip, and after I ride it for about 1 1/2-2 miles the clutch starts to make a high pitched noise. I have tried to adjust the clutch lever arm out so it would engage more, and it didn't seem to help.

2. Have you tried adjusting the star nut under the cover on the other side where the clutch is?
  3. alex

alex Guest

I have not, will try tomorrow I tighten it right?
  4. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

Do you know where to get replacement star nut?

Mine stripped out something badly
  5. Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  6. Omaha Red

Omaha Red New Member

I made the mistake of getting mine for BOY GO FAST. I cannot seem to get the guy to respond to messages. I may be interested in a replacement. I just cannot seem to find many postings about it here
  7. I had to go look for the link it was added to my post from earlier...Maybe Duane at Dax could help..
  8. BSA

BSA Guest

Clutch threads are for frame mount and drivetrain. Clutch is part of the drivetrain. Thread was in the 2 stroke section, now been moved.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  9. alex

alex Guest

The star nut was as tight as it should be, however I did find that my clutch arm that pushes the pin and ball in was worn down a little bit.
  10. alex

alex Guest

And it is still squealing after a couple of miles.
  11. Take the ball and rod out and grease them, also where the arm contacts the rod. Then where the clutch cable mount is under the carby, unscrew that and put some grease in there also, it might help.....
  12. will_start

will_start Member

the squeeelll from my clutch (on take-off) comes from the gears, put some machine grease on
    the gears and they will stop it. Also I found a post on glueing card-board on the inner
    of the gears clutch plate, this stops resonance and the gears will quite down by at least 80% db.

I know I did this yesterday, find that post ^^^!!!