Clutch engagement???

Neufcruz

Local time
4:17 AM
its me again with another question. I read something on here about this a while ago but wasn't at this point yet and now don't find I. Haven't run cable yet to the clutch arm but when I do push/pull clutch arm in, it should make drive sprocket spin freely. Correct? Mine will not spin either way unless I put a wrench on it.
I read that I gets stuck but now looking for the fix and can't find it.
I just installed the spring chain tensioner so waiting on the extra ball beating for correct spacing that was not included in the out.
Amy helpful pointing in right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Mike

I'm pushing as far as it will go. Not sure how it's supposed to feel but seems very hard and hard to believe this little hand lever will pull it.

new clutch is sometimes stuck from sitting on shelf - open cover and see if plate is moving freely when arm is pushed - if so, it should come unstuck when you put your weight on the pedal, but if not, a few gentle taps with a hammer will free it up

Took longer than I wanted to get to this but did as instructed. Pulled right side clutch cover off. Pulled in clutch lever and clutch plate would not spin. Gently tapped with hammer and with lever pulled in, it now spins.
You all rock! For once, something went as planned.
Thanks
Mike

Back