Clutch Clutch issue while engine is running.

John_ZM70-P

Local time
4:14 AM
Hi everyone!

Just gave my newly-built bike a long break-in run. The bike runs pretty well (considering it has a new ZM70-P 66 cc engine on a refurbished frame). I am having one minor issue with my clutch though. The clutch works flawlessly during a running start, however: once I engage the clutch again when the engine is running, the engine dies. The only way I can have the engine idle is by engaging the clutch while revving the engine manually (with the throttle). I've adjusted the rev idler screw numerous times, but still no changes. Any suggestions?? :-/

I'm still pretty new to the motorized bike business, so any help would be REALLY appreciated!!! :D

Thanks in advance, and regards,

John.

I can't understand your use of 'engaging' here, but think you're not operating it the way others do.

the clutch plate is dragging on the pads while the clutch lever is pulled in. unscrew your flower nut a bit, it'll make everything easier.

I think I may have the same problem, every time I pull my clutch lever, my engine stops (acts as a kill switch i suppose). It does not idle at all. I've adjusted the idle screw as well.

if it is idle setting, pulling clutch while moving will kill it to - if it is clutch problem it will keep running with the lever pulled in as long as you're moving

sounds like it, if the clutch were dragging, then when the bike is moving the clutch would actually help to keep it going - if you turn the idle screw all the way in and it still won,\'t idle (when engine has warmed up) then you may need to raise the clip on the needle to drop the needle to a leaner position

just as a far field possibility....any chance it has one of those levers with a switch like a normal moto has?

ie, one on the brake for the lights, and one on the clutch so one has to pull it in before hitting the starter?

then wiring that in with the killswitch...iunno. just a possibility. i did see "newbie" somewhere. stranger things have happened!

otherwise, the only things it can be are as crass says. if its dragging when pedalling and its not running, or it wont sit still when running and the clutch is pulled all the way in hard, its an adjustment with the clutch.

if its fine that way, but still dies rather than idles, start looking into carb tuning... search!

Back