clutch key way.

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by bikerdude0269, Oct 9, 2011.

1. bikerdude0269

bikerdude0269 New Member

I hope this is the right thread if nit please move it mods. Today 10-9-2011, I some broke the woodruffkey behind the drive chain pulley. So I was outside piddling around and got to looking at rider mower carter key [​IMG]

Uploaded with that holds the deck on. It is just hair smaller then the clutch wood-ruff. I thought WTH so I took and measured the slots it fits so I cut it to size to fit the engine slot [​IMG]

Uploaded with Then the pulley slips right on as if it belonged. I have been running it all day cant tell the difference but u have get woodruffkey the same diameter as da clutch. My camera broke so I had get pics offline. homegeniousness lol

2. mbatl

mbatl Member

I hope that key works and doesn't fail. I had a woodruff key fail on my car's crankshaft and it nearly scored and ruined my car engine's crankshaft. Scarry to think how such a small piece of metal can ruin the engine if it shears.
  3. bikerdude0269

bikerdude0269 New Member

so far so good I figure if it works good other people can do this mod if need b. Will keep posted on how its doing!!
  4. bikerdude0269

bikerdude0269 New Member

still pulling good. seems work great if u have to do this mod!!